Throwing laptop through window due to windows?

A place where have some extra fun..
compPanda
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Throwing laptop through window due to windows?

Post by compPanda »

I am sitting here and getting pretty feed-up by a Windows update error.
For several weeks I have not been able to install new updates. The error code is the dreaded 8007049 which in windowian mean "unknown error" or "we don't know how we f*cked this up".

Google the error code and you get a suggestion for repair that doesn't work and (according to almost every comment and confirmed by me) and a second "last resort" that is to reinstall Windows by "upgrade" function of dvd. Of course, my problem is this - I have a OEM installed computer and no installation DVD is provided so I can't do this!

How "happy" this makes me. Now the only thing I can do is to go through Samsungs recovery solution which will blow this computer clean and then spend several days re-installing all software. Thank you Microsoft and Samsung for your creation of a operating system that corrupts itself with its own updates and the cheapness of not sending a real installation DVD with the computer.

At least I have the weekend "saved" now if I didn't know what to do before..
Linux is looking like a more and more attractive solution, now with Blender 2.5 coming out and TS dead. By the way, do you know that you can't install Vista SP2 if you have a Linux installation with a GRUB boot manager (the most common configuration)? Anti-competitive, what is that Microsoft? Have you heard of that concept? Thank you for forcing me to remove my boot manager to be able to install SP2. You make my life complete.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Re: Throwing laptop through window due to windows?

Post by spacekdet »

Don't sugar-coat it, give it to us straight.