Question on YafaRay

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Question on YafaRay

Post by FHembree »

I haven't used T.S in a few years but I used YafaRay for renderings. Ive gone back and tried to render some of my old files but most of the rendering have lost the smooth surfaces in final rendering.
See attached. I could be wrong but I think if there was someplace I could download the latest directories for the T.S Yafary and simply copy them, in to my T.S directory it would fix the problem.
I am not aware of any installation for YafRay that would create the needed T.S directory and files.
Attachments
NotSmooth.jpg
Yafaray_Directorys.jpg
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Question on YafaRay

Post by clintonman »

YafSceneUpdater.jpg

If you are running from the Unofficial Updates maybe the old scene needs to be updated. The last YafaRay came out about 3 or 4 years ago. Is your scene file older than that?
Try running the utilities on your scene

YafaRay4tS Panel
YafaRay Materials
YafaRay Lights
YafaRay Cameras

Some notes can be found in the help file in the "YafaRay4tS User Interface" section.

To get the bare folders you can get the Unofficial Updates and just let it unzip to it's own folder instead of into the tS folder.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

"To get the bare folders you can get the Unofficial Updates and just let it unzip to it's own folder instead of into the tS folder."

I've downloaded the latest unofficial update and extracted the files to a separate location. I don't see any file in there called "YafaRay4ts_Installer.RsObj. ??

I also don't know how to get the YafRay Utilities (Menu) that you show. Is that in the unofficial update?
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Look in
tS\Rs Main Libraries\YafaRay4tS Setup
in the Extracted file

There is a link to Clinton's YafaRa4tS up above in Home or U3D Artist Website
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

Thanks,
I found that I had made a backup directory with all of the files of the main directory for TS and I just simply copied them all back for a restore. I know I'm not using the most current Yafaray for Truespace as I get better results using YafaRay4tSv080, (I seem to have problems with "YafRay4tSv090" and it something has to do with the textures menu). I also had made copies of the installation file of "YafRay4tS_Installer.RsObj" for lots of versions of "YafaRay4tSv075", YafaRay4tSv076", YafaRay4tSv080", and "YafRay4tSv090" into separate directories for each version as I realized that if I had not there would be no way to get all these versions later. I think I will also rename the "YafRay4tS_Installer.RsObj" in each directory to their corresponding names such as "YafRay4tS_Installer_v075.RsObj" and etc.

The reason the sphere was segmented was I needed to apply SDS to the sphere. You forget a lot if you haven't used TS in a while :lol:

Yeah, everything does NOT work perfectly but the more I experiment the more I'm learning how to fix some of the problems.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Lots of versions
Just so you know the Yafaray files in the UU are the latest from Clinton with several fixes
Also, the Yafaray file scripts are different in the Standalone UU9
The Model side scripts are disabled