External Renderers

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
Excalibur
Petty Officer Second Class

External Renderers

Post by Excalibur »

Anyone know of any good external renderers that work well with tS besides Yafaray and Indigo? Or how to use Kerkythea with tS, 'cause I saved as .3ds and imported into Kerkythea, and it didn't show the model, just blank 3D space. (Same with Blender, which my brother uses, and .3ds importing.) When I get a new computer I may use Yafaray, but not know 'cause of how outrageously huge it is. (5 GB is outrageous for a program! Not even PDE6 and Corel Painter Essentials 4 are that big together! With FlightGear!)

P.S. Yes, this is "New User" on the official forums. I saw something somewhere on the interwebs that the official forums were closing, and I was gonna register for them, then found these.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: External Renderers

Post by Finis »

Rayman uses Kerkythea with TS and other programs. He will probably answer your question.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/s ... php?t=6217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is Rayman's great tutorial using trueSpace with Kerkythea.
I think he is planning on moving that tutorial here soon. I hope he does.
Jack Edwards
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Jack Edwards »

huh? 5GB? YafaRay is only 6.6 MB:
http://www.yafaray.org/download/yafaray" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Work will be beginning on the Kerkythea integration next week (along with a couple other projects) if all goes well. I'm planning to charge $18.
No booleans were used in the mangling of this message... :?

YafaRay for trueSpace Project

(Current version: v0.7.0)

trueSpacePlugins.com
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

This is one I really can't wait to try! I want to be your second customer, Rayman will push ahead!
Excalibur

Post by Excalibur »

Well, Yafaray's dependencies are 5.5GB.

Ok, so I'm doing his little tutorial, but he uses bad grammar, and I don't quite understand it, I installed the plugin, but what's this mean:
With the obj. panel open I use the pull down menu to chose one object after the other
exept for cameras and lights and with alt click on the luuv tool I export one object after the other into that newly created folder.
I don't understand that, he doesn't tell you where to get the obj panel open, or where to find the "pull down" menu.
spacekdet
Captain
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Object Panel is in the bottom of the stack in WS, or can be brought up by right clicking the Object Tool (cursor icon)
Model side has the 'drop-down list' of all objects in the scene...a feature that's sorely lacking in Workspace.
I guess they want you to use the Link Editor to select multiple objects (hold control and drag a selection rectangle)
Excalibur

Post by Excalibur »

Oh, that was my problem, I never switched back to WS...

EDIT: No it wasn't... It's not the info panel, it's the .obj exporter options, I think. Where's the drop down menu, though? I reread it and he doesn't switch back to workspace. (Is workspace WS?) This guy needs to learn grammar to make it less confusing...

EDIT 2: Ok, just rendered the test scene, the only problem was that the gound and back planes were both pure black with no textures despite having three lights pointing at them. any ideas? Also, is the egg cracked? I didn't see the crack in tS.

Here's the test render.
GraySho
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by GraySho »

It is the object info panel he means (Again, right click on the cursor icon). There you have a dropdown list of all your objects in your scene. You can either export object for object or group them all together and the export the whole group. Anyway, if your asking for help and you deny it or you think you know better, then better don´t ask. Besides, although his grammar might not be perfect, I had no problem to follow it, so you could be bitchin a little less about tutorials you get for free.
Jack Edwards
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Jack Edwards »

@Excalibur, I have no clue what you mean by 5.5 GB dependencies? :shock:

You just install the 6.6MB yafaRay installer. Then install my 1.6MB YafaRay4tS installer, run the toolbar installer scene, and you're good to go. Uncompressed the whole setup is probably less than 10MB!

Okay you do have to download .Net 3.51 to run my installer, but that's only ~3MB, useful to have, and you only need to download it once. ;)
No booleans were used in the mangling of this message... :?

YafaRay for trueSpace Project

(Current version: v0.7.0)

trueSpacePlugins.com