Anybody have tsxPython.pdf?

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
zzador
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Anybody have tsxPython.pdf?

Post by zzador »

Hello everybody. I'm currently working with Ts4.2 and wanted to give the scripting-capabilities a try. In the main documentation however the part for scripting is very short (only an appendix). I heard there is a "tsxPython.pdf" that fully documents the script engine. Does anybody have this file and can share it with me?
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe...
the rise & fall of MS-DOS. The birth of Windows 3.11. Professional 3D Software getting usable in the late 90s and getting unusable again around 2010. Telephones with a dial and so much more...
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Anybody have tsxPython.pdf?

Post by clintonman »

Maybe this is it. It contains a word doc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
zzador

Post by zzador »

Yapp...that's what I was looking for. Thank you! :)
the rise & fall of MS-DOS. The birth of Windows 3.11. Professional 3D Software getting usable in the late 90s and getting unusable again around 2010. Telephones with a dial and so much more...
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

You might also be interested in this after you realized the limits of the original tsxPython.
Repositorium - Primitive tsxPython (ptsxpy), another Python interpreter plugin for tS series
I tested it only on tS4.3 and some later versions, and don't know it works correctly on tS4.2. User Python scripts can execute most tsxAPI functions described in the tsxAPI43.doc (and other corresponding tsxAPIxx.doc) without writing C/C++ code.
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy
zzador

Post by zzador »

Wow...thanks for that. I'm currently working on a complete SDK bundle (Mingw32 Compiler, TSXAPI & IUP (GUI-Lib)) for quick & easy developement of Extensions & Shaders. This might be the optimal "prototyping" tool for that.
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

There once was a ming32 sdk by Roland Stralberg it was called TSW. He gave up on it after about a year. I still have all the files somewhere.
zzador

Post by zzador »

I currently have big problems getting custom shaders to work. I have tried 2 Compilers yet (MinGW32-GCC & PellesC). Both create runnable TSX extensions just fine. But shaders won't be recognized by Truespace. The Callback-Function "tsxShaderInitialize" gets never called, yet the shader is a normal DLL like all the other shaders (but with file-extension *.tss of course). All just export ONE symbol -> "tsxShaderInitialize".

So at the moment I'm looking for every "lifebelt" I can get my hands on. Maybe he had already solved the shader problem.
Could you please send me his package?
stan

Post by stan »

here it is
tsw.rar
I notice an issue he had in his 'myTsx.cpp with material in general with ming..But don't ask me about these files.He does have a help file in the doc folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zzador

Post by zzador »

Thank you very much for the files. Sadly it seems his work only covers the normal TSX-Interface and not the custom-shader interface. None the less there is one code-line that gives me some hints for experiments:

Code: Select all

// 1.2 Fix for TS SDK warning using MinGW (rstralberg)
#include <tsxScene.h>
static float fix_TS_SDK_Warning = filter_array[0] ;
stan

Post by stan »

He never finished it.for ming..Too many issues. He told me to just get visual studio. what can I say..