A place where have some extra fun..
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Avatar movie

Post by Breech Block »

Tommy wrote:The girls in the family are not interested. They are for girl movies with lot's of romance. Nothing bad about it but it maybee shows the difference between male and female wiew of things.
Err...y'know Avatar's essentially a love story right! Take the girls, they should love it.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Just saw the movie and am realy thrilled !
There is even a poll out there if this movie was made with Vue... but they didnt tell anywhere....
http://vuenews.blogspot.com/2009/08/ava ... -poll.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Definitly a must see for me !
Peter
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Outstanding, huh?
What do you think of the story and sounds?
Maybe vue did some small details but I think that it haven't that capacity yet. :geek:
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

The whole movie was outstanding.
In fact i dont know what software that was made with.... there were about 1000 people involved..
i have seen some previews with zbrush in the background and i saw Modo.
The poll says 95 % pro so if its good enough for Terminator Salvation and Indiana Jones it could very well be.
They are very tight lipped about it... so i am looking into it. That must have been some powerfull farms they rendered that on......
I am rendering my Pandorra files to find out what brute force that must have been...
Peter
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Yep maybe, but then which renderer they have used? They spent 200 millions (In David Letterman he said 500, so I'm not sure), sure they have a warehouse full of supercomputers...

I liked a lot the story, a really beautiful message. I'm wondering if it should be seen in schools, if I buy the DVD or Blu-ray in this case (What I'll try to do), I'll offer to my school. :mrgreen:

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

If you go to the Weta digital application form for matte artists it says qute:"Vue experience a plus"
Its on the matte painting org page under jobs.
Weta is also one of the clients same as ILM but you have to see it differently they all have a proprietary
software pipeline and just use those applications in some pipeline they have coded by themselves.......
Even if we had the computers we couldnt do all that........
The whole thing is just crazy its another giant leap foreward in 3d !
Peter
Here´s an insight from the zbrush forum
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=079195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And there is some insight that the staging was made with Maya and Motionbuilder..
The tutorial in 3d World is as it looks made with vue but we dont get the copy here yet...

Here is some more insight
http://www.trading-knowhow-now.com/news ... gital.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I just got the 3D world mag and it says there that 4352 render engines were used and they were running on PR Renderman.
TGhe host application was Maya .... 34816 cores and 104 TB of ram
All in all 900 people from 46 countries........

Here sits a single person with 4 cores..... and is floored........ :roll:
Rhino169
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Rhino169 »

Just saw the movie yesterday in 3D and WOW!

The whole experience was thrilling. The sites the sounds the characters, story and plot.

It had it all for me!

There was a funny point where a fight was happening, I think between the two main characters, and the guy character was thrown in the ferns towards the audience....there was some dust and bugs kicked up after he landed. I found myself swatting at a small fly that was floating around in front of me only to realize it was in the movie. hehe

I will see it again and my wife cannot stop talking about it either..and she's hard to please! hehe :worship:
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Two thumbs up from me! I expected a lot and it delivered. I kept thinking
through out the entire movie, "computers did this!!!!!"
Amazing!
Tommy
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tommy »

The hole family went to see AVATAR and what to say. Impressive!!! In the start it loked like a Romeo and Julia plot but it went out in a different way.

Every detail is impressive. The movements of every leaf, straw of grass and the insects in the air. I have also the same thougth: computers did this?
"Carpe diem"