PathTools for workspace

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: PathTools for workspace

Post by Emmanuel »

I can draw a path, but an other error pops up when I clic the Link button.
error event U version.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

This version should have all the issues worked out on win11. I kept finding the offending code and rewriting it. I should have realized there would be other places in all those nodes.
I just added the fix for clips by turning off record before reset of timer.

PathTools installer2023_V.RsObj
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Experimenting with a Camera parented to an object 'Dolly' assigned to a Circle path
LittleBumpInMyRide.png
When the Camera crosses a Handle, there is a little jerking happening
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

Here is the way to use the record check ..you need not put a clip as one gets put in (but I must find the place it keeps putting clips if you do it wrong)
You like the way your obj runs the path so you hit the record button, then start the timer. it should give you data in the animation view. Uncheck the record box then reset timer. It might be if you reset the timer with record on you get many clips. I'm still looking.
animationclean.jpg
trueBlue you should use the new version V now too.

Emmanuel, That turbo splines might work on a extrude for each frame but I would need to make it go to edit mode and use a face. Not sure,I think in that case you would extrude out the back of the starter object. Future ideas.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

stan wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 01:36 Here is the way to use the record check ..you need not put a clip as one gets put in (but I must find the place it keeps putting clips if you do it wrong)
You like the way your obj runs the path so you hit the record button, then start the timer. it should give you data in the animation view. Uncheck the record box then reset timer. It might be if you reset the timer with record on you get many clips. I'm still looking.
Have not experimented to much with Path tool Clips, but I suspect that using a Watch Dog for this might be problematic
Might be better, to make it manual

I was waiting for you to work out the kinks before testing a new version
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

In my previous post about the Watch Dog, I was referring to:
(but I must find the place it keeps putting clips if you do it wrong)
I will test your scene and new V version tomorrow
I have been doing some testing with the Reset Matrix & OwnerMatrix lines commented out AND only using the default Path Objects set to Matrix
Looks promising!
Also, Get Shear/Set Shear is causing errors and crashes
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

stan wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 23:02 This version should have all the issues worked out on win11.
Yeah it works ! :superbanana:

The recorded animation plays fine in Workspace and it seems recorded in the Animation Editor. But when I try to render it to file using Modeler's Render_to_file (selecting Workspace scene to render in the Animation options of the panel), it does not render the animation.

In trueSpace 7.6 we can render_to_file a Workspace scene using Lightworks renderer. The Bridge allows that.
It seems that this is impossible in trueSpace 7.61 though...

Too bad.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Emmanuel wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 09:43
stan wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 23:02 This version should have all the issues worked out on win11.
Yeah it works ! :superbanana:

The recorded animation plays fine in Workspace and it seems recorded in the Animation Editor. But when I try to render it to file using Modeler's Render_to_file (selecting Workspace scene to render in the Animation options of the panel), it does not render the animation.

In trueSpace 7.6 we can render_to_file a Workspace scene using Lightworks renderer. The Bridge allows that.
It seems that this is impossible in trueSpace 7.61 though...

Too bad.
Is possible, but in a different way
tS Model and Workspace; Render to File do not support running scripts
But you can transfer Workspace Keyframes to Model using a script, then disconnect the script before using Model's Render to File
Animation using Stan's Path Tools version V :bananathumb:
Screenshot.png
Removed due to update
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

trueBlue wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 16:07 But you can transfer Workspace Keyframes to Model using a script, then disconnect the script before using Model's Render to File
Thanks for this trick !

Can you explain how to use it ?
I connect the WldMatrix of the object to Change detect, what next ?
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Emmanuel wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 20:48
trueBlue wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 16:07 But you can transfer Workspace Keyframes to Model using a script, then disconnect the script before using Model's Render to File
Thanks for this trick !

Can you explain how to use it ?
I connect the WldMatrix of the object to Change detect, what next ?
Ensure that your object has a Workspace Clip and is at Frame 0
Connect the object's WldMatrix to the Watch Dog Event's Change detect
Bridge = On

Synchronize Scene script
Check - Synchronize Selected
Check - Set Model Frame

Open Model and a Workspace view
An open Link Editor view is Required
In Model
Select your object is Required
Ensure that AutoRecord is enabled and at Frame 0

In Workspace's Anim Editor
Press the Move to next Frame icon for each Frame in the Clip is Required
Shortcut:
CTRL + RIGHT
Note: At the last Frame, Move to next Frame one more time, to get the last Frame in Model

Synchronize Scene script
Uncheck - Set Model Frames

If AutoRecord worked, you should now have the Workspace Keyframes in Model
Uncheck - AutoRecord

Play the Model animation with Synchronize Selected enabled, optional but the object must be selected is Required

I always have a hard time getting Model to Record or AutoRecord the first Frame at 0
Screenshot.png
Workspace to Model Keyframes.png
Edit2: Here is a New updated version: