3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by bitkar »

Huge thunderstorm with big hail and a tornado this night in Moravia (east part of Czechia). 3 dead, over 150 injured, many houses, cars,...severly damaged/destroyed. Its very rare to have a tornado big enough to destroy. I feel sad for those ppl.

pictures here https://www.idnes.cz/zpravy/Ftornado_morava_2021

looks like a freaking warzone.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Yeah very sad! My thoughts are with the people!
Austria got parts of that tornado with big damage but I think as far as fatal injuries or losses we havent had them! Since Im not in Austria im not that well imformed!
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Sad to hear of the loss of life and damage.

It seems this will become more common as climate change seems to keep hitting harder.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Verde: climate change is bullshit... We had similar tornado like 8 years ago (a little weaker) and there was stronger tornado in Prague in 1119. Was it climate change in 1119? Climate change is just a stupidity and/or a good business. Climate has never been stable, but bad things has happned all the time. There were droughts, floods, tornadoes, too hot, too cold way before industrialization.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

https://www.united3dartists.com/forum/v ... 801#p60801
Fireworks show good. Good viewing from the park around the baseball fields. Parade good. Went shooting. SKS, 25 paces, iron sights, 5 hits (plastic cups) of 16 shots. Then a tab on the magazine broke so that was all of that. Will get a new magazine or two.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ah...SKS is kind of nice, not the best rifle ever tho... What distance did you shoot those plastic cups?
I need to go too, its been some time since last time. We keep talking about it with my friend, but he does not have time. Either has too much work or going on a holiday off the country or family stuff or such.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

25 paces, steps, distance. I try to take 1 yard (0.91 meters) paces for measuring but I'll guess the steps were about 2.5 feet so approximately 63 ft = 19.2m. The SKS is cheap old chinese but it does ok. Different manufacturing and specs means it can be difficult to get a working detachable mag. for them. The one I had was modified to fit this rifle and that mod broke. The original wood stock is for tiny chinese people. Fortunately the seller provided a larger plastic stock too. That plus a butt pad and it is of suitable size. New magazine ordered.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ah, ok, i get that pace part now :) thnx.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Bitkar English is strange. 20 meanings for every word and 20 words for each thing. That's good though. Newspeak (1984) is precise, exact, to thwart creativity and make unapproved thoughts impossible.

Magazine arrived. Fits and loads. Will try it out some weekend. My truck is in the shop. Won't be fixed for a week. Exhaust manifold is loose. Sounds like a Harley. Some bolts broken = costly extraction. Looking for a truck or car to borrow. If a car then needs a trailer hitch to tow a rented trailer. Renting a truck didn't work well financially last time. Update: borrowed a truck.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Here we go again
Putting out an idiot's BBQ'd hotdogs
Less then 13 miles from home
300 acres and counting
Foresthill Bridge.jpg