Toolbars

Share with others..
Rhino169
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Toolbars

Post by Rhino169 »

I have been working in modelspace and have no trouble with toolbars and finding icons. :?

In workspace I feel like I am at a loss. I see the default toolbars and icons, but how do I get to the hidden ones. :?:

In the manual it shows a way of manipulating things using the "library browser", but I do not have that toolbar or icon on my layout. How do I get it to appear?

Also, I am trying to use one of Clinton's FBX eporters, but it asks for the "package manager" and I cannot find it as well.

I'm sure this is a simple thing, I just can't seem to find out how to access these items.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Jeff
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Toolbars

Post by trueBlue »

If you minimize tS do you see toolbars?
Post your installation.
IE: tS7.61 with or with out Unofficial Update, Vista 32, screen shot of Workspace.
Rhino169

Post by Rhino169 »

Trueblue...

When I minimze TS, it just minimizes like any other windows program....nothing to see.

I have TS7.61 beta 8.

I have both workspace and modelspace. I purchased TS from Caligari long ago and may not have added the updates since. Is there a place to see current updates that I have applied? I believe I did one at one time from a download from this forum a while ago.

I see 2 toolbars in Workspace.

1 is in the scene itself for manipulating the model. Has the object tool on the far left and the skeleton tool on the far right. 9 total icons there.

1 is at the very bottom on the right side in the grey area where it says" model play".

This one has 17 icon with Scale on the far left and encapsulate objects 3d on the far right.

In the manual it shows other toolbar and references one that has the library browser...from there it appears I can make other toolbars.??

Thanks for any help..If you need a screen shot let me know.
Regards,
Jeff
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

viewforum.php?f=55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rhino169

Post by Rhino169 »

Thanks ...I will give it a try.

I did see that baack in '09 I had downloaded that first update.

I will let you know if I have questions! :worship:
Rhino169

Post by Rhino169 »

Trueblue..

I did the update and now have a mini version near the top of my window of the toolbar that is at the bottom of the scene. It has 15 icons and has most of the same items that are at the bottom toolbar.

I still do not see where I can add the toolbar or see the icons that are for library browser and package manager.

If you look at the ts maunal an page 5...it is the toolbar in the lower right side....looks to even have the trueplay icon as well. :?:
Rhino169

Post by Rhino169 »

I just figured this out by accident.

I was looking in the manual and was trying different hot key option and came across:
SHIFT CTRL R ---> Reset to default context

This brought things back to the original ts default layout. :bananaguitar:

What worries me is that there wasn't a way to ressurect the toolbar I was looking for without resetting everything. Unless I am still missing something obvious.

I must have hit the "x" in the right corner of that toolbar long ago.

Thanks for looking trueblue...! :bananathumb:
Rhino169

Post by Rhino169 »

Slight update....that resurrected toolbar is not a separate toolbar...it is just added icons to the one I had at the bottom all along. I'm just not sure why those other icons were missing. :?
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Part of the update combines both of those toolbars together. Please read the notes of the update.
Rhino169

Post by Rhino169 »

I guess what threw me is I have yet to find the Reset to Default Context icon.

Over in the modelspace I found the Reset Tool bars Layout icon.

But all is well now ...

Thanks again for helping