camera sync

bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

camera sync

Post by bitkar »

hey, is it possible and what do you use to insert an object into a video, where camera moves and rotates? I just wonder if this is possible with use of trueSpace.
for expample. To make some object, like a car in tS. To make a video of a camera panning on the street and going around some empty place then. And as a result i will place the car on the street and animate it as it will park at the empty place where the camera would circle. NOW - how to sync the camera inside tS with the video to make the car looking naturaly like its really there in the video. Forget about syncing it manually. I want to know if there is some good usable workflow to put it together.
note: it will not be just about a position but also about view angle, rotation (or even zoom).
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: camera sync

Post by Emmanuel »

This can be done with a motion tracking tool. The idea is to grab points with the MT program and load the points inside tS via a python script. I teste it and it worked as expected.
Frank made a nice tutorial on his website but I don't see the link anymore...
Frank are you reading ? Is your tutorial still online ?
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Emmanuel wrote:This can be done with a motion tracking tool. The idea is to grab points with the MT program and load the points inside tS via a python script. I teste it and it worked as expected.
Is this the link?
http://www.frankladner.com/vd2ts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

clintonman wrote:
Emmanuel wrote:This can be done with a motion tracking tool. The idea is to grab points with the MT program and load the points inside tS via a python script. I teste it and it worked as expected.
Is this the link?
http://www.frankladner.com/vd2ts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, this is the right link :)
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

great, this is what i was looking for. Something that will animate the camera based on motion tracking. Always wanted to try it. Thank you.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)