...Link To Download Caligari GameSpace Light...

StoneFlie
Petty Officer Third Class

...Link To Download Caligari GameSpace Light...

Post by StoneFlie »

Hi,
... ... ... :bananahi: Does Anyone Knows Where To Download Caligari GameSpace Light Free Download...? :superbanana:
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: ...Link To Download Caligari GameSpace Light...

Post by RAYMAN »

There isnt any other download then the Truespace /.61 standalone anymore at least officially !
Benji
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Benji »

You can get it here.
http://www.topdownloads.net/software/ga ... l?hl=&ia=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truespace 3 is also on the same site.
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by nigec »

Def no legal downloads, I was looking for it over the weekend.. then I remembered I had it on a disc :D

Like Rayman said use TS, GameSpace was just a lite version of TS anyway.. if you need exporters use Milkshape
Benji

Post by Benji »

Def no legal downloads, I was looking for it over the weekend.. then I remembered I had it on a disc
Just so the piracy insinuation can be dispelled before the Wyatt Earp crowd appears to lynch me, these were originally cnet downloads, and this is an old, legal shareware download site.

And also, gamespace wasn't merely a light version of truespace, it essentially included the gamepak (which isn't available anymore). You can use the modeling plugins from gamespace with truespace, but not the exporters, from memory.
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by nigec »

I'm not in the position to cast stones and don't qualify for throwin the first one (yay for the sinners!!), is it legal for topdownloads.net to host em?.. I dunno, but as far as I'm aware Caligari pulled all the downloads..

I'm well aware what Gamespace can do, I used it in my 3DGS days.. ;)

Actually my comment wasn't directed at you, we posted at the same time..
Benji

Post by Benji »

I'm not in the position to cast stones and don't qualify for throwin the first one (yay for the sinners!!), is it legal for topdownloads.net to host em?.. I dunno, but as far as I'm aware Caligari pulled all the downloads..
Whether Caligari want people not to use gslight (or distribute it), and whether or not they can stop them, is another deal. Short of a C and D order against the site in question, I doubt there's anything they can do about it. I don't see MS doing anything about this either. Ultimately, it was once clearly freeware, so I doubt the legality is cut and dried.

In my subjective pov, once you make something free, particularly information, that's it. You shouldn't be allowed to take it back merely because it doesn't suit your interests anymore.

This also applies to TS7.6, but considering how miserly MS/ Caligari have been about the standard version, who knows, maybe they would sue you.

Gamespace has critical bugs that were never fixed, which is why it failed to start with. Imo the question is why would anyone want to use it in the first place. But it's not for me to judge, which is why I was happy to help out a brother.
I'm well aware what Gamespace can do, I used it in my 3DGS days..
Well, then you should know that it isn't merely a cut down copy of truespace........ :?
Actually my comment wasn't directed at you, we posted at the same time..
Fair enough.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

well if Caligari were to try a lawsuit they'd have to wash some cars or something to make some
money to pay the lawyers! Oh wait. They're disbanded anyway! Let's see... who'd file it... hm...
can't think of anyone! Let's try this another way... who really gives a sh*t... hm... Nope. Still nothing... :roll:

Ohhhkay...
Back to the packin we go...
Benji

Post by Benji »

Heh.....

I guess since Microsoft own Caligari (although the circumstances of that arrangement were always a bit vague), it would be them who would do the kicking of asses.

I can't see it happening, either.
StoneFlie
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by StoneFlie »

Hi,
... ... ... :bananahi: Hey, everyone... I download the Free Download of GameSpace Light and Installed... However, in order to start the program, That is asking to enter a Serial #, also have to register to get a Serial # to activate the program... When I cick on the link to register, there is nothing with that Register Link... So, does anyone have a serial number that you can share and post with your reply to this...? Or how do I get a Serial # to activate the program...?