What you do to increase creative flux?

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

What you do to increase creative flux?

Post by LeonRegis »

You are out of ideas or even want to increase it, so what do you do?
I always listen some music, depend of what I'm doing... if is some war models, I listen heavy metal. Architecture maybe some classical and jazz. Normal Object some of rock and grunge... Also when things get really hard... do you know... Some snacks :bananaclaus: :lol:

What is invigorating is go out and just walk, it calm me down and make I have some ideas too... ;)

Post here, maybe I could include more methods.. :lol:

Cya 8-)
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: What you do to increase creative flux?

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

I go to Google Images and type in stuff like the following:

"3D" (prototype OR final OR unusual OR awesome OR incredible OR amazing)

with the quotes and Capitals and the brackets just as they are above.

have found some very inspiring things that way every time! :D
Image "Advantage is had from whatever is there, but usefulness arises from whatever is not." - Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching - 500 BC) Image
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I usually don't try to get creative ideas or creative inspiration but instead act on it when it happens. However, I find some things inspire creativity. Usually with these I focus on the activity or my surroundings and I'm not concerned about other things. You can "do" reason and thought. You have let creativity happen.

Some things often inspire creativity for me:

- Visit friends. In person. Not by phone etc.

- Hike. Sometimes with a goal. Sometimes just wander and explore. Sometimes wander and then just sit and observe.

- Go outside and be there. Sit or walk. Observe and enjoy what you experience. In town or in the wild.

- Observe the patterns, order, or organization of things. Behavior of people, animals, insects. Arrangement of grains of sand. The full moon rises as the sun sets. Seasons. The structure of leaves. I like do this sitting on or close to the ground and observing little things.

- Walk where I would have driven. Like to a store.

- Be aware through senses other than sight.

- Physical exercise.

- Face danger.

- Repair things.

- Take a nap.

- Read a book, see a movie, or watch TV. Relax and just enjoy the show.

- Shoot targets. Focusing on safety and hitting the target takes the mind away from other things.

- Do household things like clean, wash dishes, or work in the yard.

- Do things I rarely do.

- Go to places I rarely visit.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Karthogen »

I play with my kids, there is nothign like the imagination of a 5 and a 3 year old.

They do help when I get stuck, or I can ask there opinion and they have some really off the wall ideas. Some are a little more down to earth.. for example

for teh MMC ship I was making for the outpost I asked my son, What do you think, and I get the basic boy answer, Needs more guns.
Tommy
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tommy »

I have the same method: if my creativity are nothing I'll take a stroll in a nearby forrest or in shops. In this walks I also let the brain to rest from the problem. Often suddenly the brain comes out with an idea. The brain is a fantastic thing to work in the dark when you are not aware it's working of the problem.
"Carpe diem"
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

Tommy wrote:I have the same method: if my creativity are nothing I'll take a stroll in a nearby forrest or in shops. In this walks I also let the brain to rest from the problem. Often suddenly the brain comes out with an idea. The brain is a fantastic thing to work in the dark when you are not aware it's working of the problem.
Exactly, Tommy! That's the secret to doing anything well, I think. From writing symphonies to playing darts. The brain knows exactly what to do. You only need to give it space to work.

Kurt.
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

Leon, this is something that I've always found to work well - turn completely off.

Listening to music, or going for a walk are good things to do, if they serve to turn off my thinking completely. But I've found they don't work so well if I do them too deliberately, that is, as a conscious ploy to inspire me.

I have to genuinely decide to walk for the sake of walking, not for the sake of inspiring. Otherwise my brain keeps on looking for incoming ideas, instead of generating them itself.

My two cents,
Kurt.
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Other thing that works most...
Be happy :superbanana:
No probs, just realizations in the moment of the life, of course you can't be happy all the time, but enjoy while you are. Also strangely you can be happy for nothing, and in those moments is that I have most of my creative ideas, it's so enthusiasm and happiness.

It's indisputable that sometimes it's inexplicable but you just have a connection with something and wonderful things are create by you, I don't know from where it comes, but I have some ideas 8-)

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

I close my eyes, tap my ruby slippers and pretend I am Marcel....
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

v3rd3 wrote:I close my eyes, tap my ruby slippers and pretend I am Marcel....
My method:I see myself in a mirror! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
seriously, I like to begin something without knowing why I do that. When I have several interesting things, i imagine how to merge them. I use music to see if my work is good. What I do depend of the music I listen. I don't like to know how will be my work before I finished it.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr