Vray in Ts 7.61?

Thunderstone
Petty Officer Third Class

Re: Vray in Ts 7.61?

Post by Thunderstone »

Oh I did and they choose to ignore me. Heck I think they will ignore anybody from here on out if it's not in their best financial interest to offer a product that has a very short production life. :cry:
It always starts with a dream...
First Light
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by First Light »

Hello again,

I received a response from the Chaos Group to my inquiry about their making V-Ray available again for trueSpace. They directed me to this statement by Maya Petrova on their forum:
Maya Petrova wrote:Regarding V-Ray for trueSpace

Hello everyone,

It was announced at the beginning of this year that sales of V-Ray for truеSpаce are officially suspended.

We would like to assure you that this is not associated with problems related directly or indirectly to Chaos Software, but is rather related with the transition of Caligari Corporation under the full subsidy of Microsoft Corporation in early 2008.

Best regards,
V-Ray team
It looks like they are not interested in serving the trueSpace community directly. Too bad. :(

There is one other possibility: A new version of V-Ray for Maya that is now being beta tested includes a "stand-alone" version of V-Ray. It is possible that this stand-alone version could be made to work with trueSpace externally. The Chaos Group has an SDK for it. However, I don't know if the stand-alone version will ever be offered for sale separately. It appears that it will only be available as a part of the V-Ray for Maya package.

Best regards, First Light
Thunderstone
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by Thunderstone »

It's a bunch of craps! That's all that is. They just don't want to sell VRay to non supported or orphaned software because there's no financial incentives to do so. I doubt there will be a stand-alone render kit for tS because there's a licensing issues involved. Once M$ gets a hold of a software and then discards it for whatever financial reasons, you can be sure, they will not let it go without some long convoluted legal licensing requirements. :x
It always starts with a dream...
First Light

Post by First Light »

Greetings,

I continued to follow up with the Chaos Group and received another reply this morning. This time from Vlado:
Vlado at the Chaos Group wrote:Unfortunately, the integration of V-Ray for trueSpace is developed entirely by Caligari; we only provided the base V-Ray SDK. This means that it is not up to us to release the original Caligari plugin. Rewriting the connection from scratch may be possible and if anyone is interested, we can discuss it.

Best regards,
Vlado
So, what do you think? It sounds possible and the Chaos Group has not shut the door on the possibility. Plus, I was informed at the forum at http://www.truespaceplugins.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that a developer may already be working on this. (By the way, http://www.truespaceplugins.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is highly recommended!!!) Hurrah!

Best regards, First Light
Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Thanks First Light! :mrgreen:

If no one else does it, this is an integration that I'm definitely interested in. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, including the Kerkythea integration -- so hopefully the other developer will come through for us on this one. ;)
No booleans were used in the mangling of this message... :?

YafaRay for trueSpace Project

(Current version: v0.7.0)

trueSpacePlugins.com
robert
Petty Officer First Class

Post by robert »

Jack Edwards wrote:Thanks First Light! :mrgreen:

If no one else does it, this is an integration that I'm definitely interested in. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, including the Kerkythea integration -- so hopefully the other developer will come through for us on this one. ;)
Right now I don't have many things to worry about, I could help along with this if it gets picked up.
If you see a zukazamme it's probably me.

The thing about finding the truth is you first have to find who's hiding it.

Flow looks good, and it is important.

Logic, mathematics, and science let you see through the grime.
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

far as i can remember vlado was the developer that made the very last 1.53 bug fixes on ts vray..
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑