PathTools for workspace

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: PathTools for workspace

Post by stan »

This shows a way to disconnect the first clip wen adding a new one so there are no multi clips appearing when you record on the new clip.
I first disconnect the first, then when I run record a second time it's done on a new clip that trueSpace added. No multi clips to delete. If the first is just disabled a new clip doesn't get added.

aclipaddnewclip.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Working pretty well so far, no crashes yet :bananathumb:

When you change the Segments, the path has Kinks, which causes the object to jerk at the Handles
Path Kinks.png

When changing the + X, + Y, - X, - Y; Up Vectors, the object's Yaw flips 180 degrees
Up Vectors.png
I just put Cello's find the "Large address aware" patch in. Big improvement editing my scripts in the Paths panel.
How so?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stan

Post by stan »

The "Large address aware" patch' gave me the ram or memory to open the panel node without crashing. The innards have gotten unwieldy. It gives truespace both sides more memory available. I was wondering if you use it in your UU version.. I'm not sure if it's self contained ..It's a small patch so it might be. Then it could be put in your UU before you repack the program. It opens truespace to more than 2 gigs of ram so one can use what is available on your system..

I found where I think that first click on the 'M' button when the watchdogs are asleep makes the obj disappear momentarily . I think it's the one in the path node. Haven't figured out how to remedy it yet. But I can still get the squish issue momentarily, no crash though. I've tried D3DView.Refresh(); at first in the path panel to no avail.
At the moment I think triggering the path's watchdog does no good things. So I think I need to think a little on how to make it active yet cause no motion at 0 on the move so it immediately is working.

I'll see what I can do about that flipping Z. Give me a bit of time to examine that.

For the segments issue, originally it's supposed to be done in the beginning because the panel links to the one in the PathTools not the in scene ones. I just watched it. For some reason it did seem to work anyway after the creation. I did put the refresh blue button for that...but don't know why it works.

Its like I wouldn't mind making the path node open by panel too but how? It's not one panel it's one for each path reacting to the same panel open call.
stan

Post by stan »

Here is what I get using xy block and model. Remember I flipped z to get X in front with Y on right and Z up. I believe that means we have a right hand matrix. The only ones that seem odd are the Y and -Y up. It might be I need to tweak the Y so it's feet first or head first if it doesn't screw up the Z up. It might alter the up X and -X to flip which is what you probably mean about the 180 flip.
afewuv.jpg
I realize only after you were using the one on the path. I hope you used the blue button right after. Clinton made that part of the code. I just added a button to refresh the framerate to match.

I'm not sure it is a fixable thing in the code at least by me. It could just it works better on some curves when done after creation. It works fine if done before. So not sure what one would do. It uses the CoxDeBoor function which was written by them, not even the guy who put out the code Bateman changed it other that to use OpenGL. I trust what Clinton did. He just found the length of the curve points and added the new positions between each original position of two points. He uses the square root of them. Following what Bateman did.
That part reminds me of a script Dele made to put a line between to points no matter where you pulled the points. Not sure if it made it into the library.
Then the CoxDeBoor function figures out the curve. Bateman did all of that which Clinton just translated into ts friendly code.
stan

Post by stan »

Here is the upvector positions. They seem as good as it gets.

This is upX
upX.jpg
This is upY
upY.jpg
This is upZ
upz.jpg
This is up -X
negX.jpg
This is up-Y
negY.jpg
This is up -Z
negz.jpg
Trying to get the best first manual start and obj turning in to upvector on start. I realize it's the upvector because if you start with no Parallel Transport engaged it open just fine. That at the moment is part of the first start strategy.
Still have a few things to fix.. :bananatyping:
stan

Post by stan »

Here is version X.

It should be fairly stable, with one known issue. if you put an object on world 0,0,0 (normalize location) then make a new path, it will crash when you try to link. Why I really don't know yet but it happens every time.

Upvectors are all working as in the last post.

When starting and using the M button to get the watchdog working it unselects the object.

Banking has been introduced. It is still limited to z upVector. The one flaw in it is I haven't figured out how to rotate in object space so it rotates in world only which has it's drawbacks. Basically it is like no parallel transport. The object always banks in world so doesn't adjust as it rounds a corner.
banking.jpg
EDIT:Here is the completed banking system.
bankingXYZ.jpg
This is the latest version with the banking system completed.
Something I was trying to test but I can't get it to do is keyframe changes in the bank angle over a couple frames. :o
I removed the file due to new release.. :bananaclaus:
stan

Post by stan »

Here is the final version.
The last thing I wanted it to do was open the panel for the current path, so when you link the panel pops up on screen.
That makes it easier to know which path you are using so working with the tools for that path are at your disposal.
If you do close the panel make sure that the obj for the path is selected when you press link again to open it. It's because the link button relies on the selected object to link.

floatingpanel.jpg

There was one new panel aspect I forgot to mention in my last post. The Scale aspect. It' will preserve the scale of your obj when checked as the default it not preserved because I noticed on an imported curve it stretched the obj, otherwise use Clinton's FreezeTransform to preserve the scale of your obj.

Another observation to note is when using OwnerMatrix as the path matrix you can rotate and locate your object as you desire in relation to the path. If you choose Matrix your obj will be perpendicular to the path, with the path coming from the obj center.
I could not find a way to link the pivot as it is parented to the obj, but using OwnerMatrix makes that issue moot. :mrgreen:

mootpoint.jpg

PathTools installer2023_Y.RsObj