PE Snapping Panel Replacement

clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

PE Snapping Panel Replacement

Post by clintonman »

PEsnappingPanel.jpg
Left to right is new panel using the Inter font, new panel using the default Tahoma font and the original panel.

My interpretation of "Snap pairs" is check to snap on elements and uncheck to snap the widget. So I changed the checkbox to a "Snap Elements" / "Snap Widget" button. Moved "Edge points", "Front facing" and "Snap pairs" to an options section below the snap selection choices.

Inferences, Parallel and Axis aligned are all inferences. The inference label only effects angle inferences. So I changed the "Inferences" label to "Angle". Ruler and Step alters all 3 inference methods, so moved into options section below.

I created a version that uses the Inter font. I think it's a little easier to read. Attached is both tahoma and inter font versions. I'm not sure if the Inter font was already included with windows or if it was added by the Blender 4.0 installer.

To try it out replace the "/Preferences/Snapping" node
Attachments
Snapping_Tahoma.RsObj
(82.33 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Snapping.RsObj
(82.38 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: PE Snapping Panel Replacement

Post by trueBlue »

For the UU, I am on board using the Default Background color and more centered using tS default 216 width
Default Background Color.png
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: PE Snapping Panel Replacement

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 21:51 For the UU, I am on board using the Default Background color and more centered using tS default 216 width
Default Background Color.png
I'll keep mine smaller for ctrl drag out of the stack.

Some testing and found that Inter is not included in windows. It looks like the Inter font version drops down to Tahoma when the Inter font isn't installed on the machine. So now I know it doesn't come up blank or with garbled text.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com