Shotcut

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Shotcut

Post by trueBlue »

I was wanting something simple to take a sequence of images rendered from Workspace and or Model and create a video or gif that was compatible with Win 10
So far, I have only tested a 2040 sequence of images converted to a wmv and gif
Note: I have not installed any codecs prior to using Shotcut
Works great!

Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor

Wide Format Support
Supports hundreds of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg. No import required which means native editing, plus multi-format timelines, resolutions and frame-rates within a project. Frame accurate seeking supported for many video formats.

https://shotcut.org/

Simple project using primitive tsxPython Author - borgcone :worship:
https://united3dartists.com/forum/viewt ... 332#p54332

Transferred the Model's Camera animation to a Workspace Camera
Rendered in Workspace with VRay using default settings

Created gif in Shotcut
How to Convert Images to Video (Free Software Shotcut)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaEErDlQ9Sc

Nothing fancy, quick, and dirty
Project Total approximate time: 15 mins Start to Finish
Star Wars.gif
Star Wars.gif (9.08 MiB) Viewed 6523 times
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Shotcut

Post by bitkar »

That shutcut looks pretty good on first sight. I have been learning DaVinchi, but this looks also good. I will take a look, thank you mate.
edit: i saw some tutorial, its nice, has good UI seems like. Very nice for a free video editor! A bit like VegasPro, which is very user friendly.
edit2: So i downloaded it. One thing that is awesome - when you import variable frame rate video, it asks to convert it, which is awesome for editing videos from phones. It has most of features you need. Lacks some few details like resizing tracks individually or directly editing audio volume. At least i dont know how to make audio quieter or louder in some spaces without spliting it every time.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

bitkar wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 20:11 That shutcut looks pretty good on first sight. I have been learning DaVinchi, but this looks also good. I will take a look, thank you mate.
edit: i saw some tutorial, its nice, has good UI seems like. Very nice for a free video editor! A bit like VegasPro, which is very user friendly.
edit2: So i downloaded it. One thing that is awesome - when you import variable frame rate video, it asks to convert it, which is awesome for editing videos from phones. It has most of features you need. Lacks some few details like resizing tracks individually or directly editing audio volume. At least i dont know how to make audio quieter or louder in some spaces without spliting it every time.
Have you tried Filters?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E90mnQQt8EQ
He also has a video on how to lower the volume
Add -> Filters -> Gain
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

but you can control volume of the whole clip only, right? you cannot do it with curves to lower or rise volume within the clip.
Michal aka bitkar
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I do not know, I have not tried yet
In one of his other videos, he used keyframes for zooming/size
Here is another tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc--QszFCFU&t=755s
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ya, maybe you can keyframe it... so its possible but less convenient.. But for a freeware its still awesome!
Michal aka bitkar
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

for those cases I use an external audio mixer !
Export the track via mp3 or wave... make your sound editing reimport the track under the original audio track !
Use the time coding for fade in and out time ! You can even stream out to a real mp3 recording device and use a real hardware audio
mixer to have real button control ! The benefit is you have much more control over the sound as such including
an equalizer ..so leveling it out on every hz frequenzy ! There are some good and free open source
options out there ! good place to go is looperman ! They not only have tons of free loops but also collections and links
to free open source audio apps !
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

bitkar wrote: 14 Apr 2022, 12:03 but you can control volume of the whole clip only, right? you cannot do it with curves to lower or rise volume within the clip.
bitkar wrote: 14 Apr 2022, 16:40 ya, maybe you can keyframe it... so its possible but less convenient.. But for a freeware its still awesome!
Happy Birthday bitkar :bananacheers:
Looks like Shotcut's Keyframes are curves
You can change the Keyframe from Linear to Smooth and or whatever Discreate is
horsy
Seaman

Post by horsy »

I've dabbled with Shotcut in the past on my MacBook, and while I've heard great things about it on Windows platforms, I found it to be less than optimal on MacOS. When I was editing a short clip, I noticed significant lag during playback. I couldn't determine if it was due to my particular MacBook model or Shotcut's compatibility with MacOS, but it wasn't the smooth experience I hoped for.

Searching for alternatives, I stumbled upon an article about free video editing software for Mac. From the list, I decided to give Movavi a shot. It's intuitive and super fast, even with heavier files. Might be an option for those who seek something better.