Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Post by Finis »

New monitor is good! I might try a two monitor set up with the old one too.

Getting better with Blender particle hair.
More here.

Paige1440Brun.jpg
Paige1440Close.jpg
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I got to eat in a restaurant! Had to go to Texas to do it. Here they can only serve take out. An old friend was in town and me and his dad and his kid + friends went to El Paso.

I have a plan to be funny when my favorite coffee shop can have sit down customers again. I'll wear all the protective gear I have. Cloth mask plus my N95 mask for dusty work, ear plugs, two pairs of safety glasses and ... drum roll ... my uncle's metalized fire fighter's gloves and I think I have the pants too. It gets better. You know that sport that is perfect for cooties? Masks, gloves, and stab people who get within six feet of you? I once had interest in that and got some equipment. Never proceeded to learn it though. Look what I still have:
FencingMask.jpg
I think this baby will see some use now.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

why does it look like a render? :D
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Covid 19 passes through wired nets!;p
Use a condom!;) :D :D :D LOL
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

bitkar wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 09:26why does it look like a render? :D
Life is a render to us CG people.
RAYMAN wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 20:23Covid 19 passes through wired nets!;pUse a condom!;) :D :D :D LOL
The last time I was kidnapped they put a plastic bag over my head and I noticed "this bag is not a toy danger of suffocation" printed on it. How foolish of them to give me a weapon with instructions. :twisted:
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Finis wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 17:46 New monitor is good! I might try a two monitor set up with the old one too.

Getting better with Blender particle hair.
More here.

Paige1440Brun.jpg
The detailing on the lips is spot on, very impressive.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Mikom It is impressive but this is a Genesis 2 model from Daz Studio imported into blender. So modeling and textures aren't my work. I'm learning about Blender particle hair. After hair I'll do Blender animation rig. Daz rigs don't accept mocap well in Blender.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Ah, I see. Well it didn't look like a Daz model to me... :bananathumb:

Hair in Blender is a tricky one for sure. My poor little laptop was struggling so hard when I was messing around with it for my Hyperventila characters. Doing it in chunks seemed to work better, also gave me more control over how to shape it. I think I did top, side and rear parts using weight painting. I used strips as the strands didn't seem to give me the results I wanted and the wave kink type to make it flow more naturally.

There's still a lot that could have been improved though. Hard to find good tutorials out there that weren't for plastic Barbie-doll hair...
Attachments
hairsettings.jpg
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Yeah the particle hair system needs work and has bugs.

Turn off the interface visibility of hair you aren't working on. Then the user interface is faster.

Your character is great. Believable and playable. Good clothing design. I like that you make things look used and worn. An improvement: for the wear marks I've seen so far you use an eroded texture like on her head gear. That looks good for beam weapon damage, chemical or heat destruction, etc. I would use more scratches, scrapes, cracks, and discolored areas like stains or dirt. crumpled or bent things.

How did you do the eyebrows and eyelashes? I'm having trouble controlling the spread of the hairs there.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Accidental DNA dreadlocks. Dread-oxy-ribonucleic acid.
DNAlocks.jpg
more