Post by RAYMAN »

Look into Bergamo Italy!!!😯😯
Thats a pretty serious spider!
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: COVID-19

Post by bitkar »

I think that all the countermeasures, even the hard ones are apropriate.

Rayman: you are right... but if you breath out the virus or sneeze or cough it will not travel that far. Or I dont know whats the point, but we are currently not alowed to go out with no face masks. I think its dumb aswell. Going to shop with a mask can be reasonable maybe. But you are right - its a tiny bit better than nothing.

Italy is doomed, Spain is going the same direction, Germany too, the case numbers grow fast. Anyway, its always better to overestimate than underestimate. This is not a flu.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

No figures are clear!
2-4 % fatality in good health care countries at the moment!
The flu is about 20x less fatal!
Major fatalities in Italy are of patients over 70!
Here in Austria the majority of those infected are between 20 and 35 and between 35 and 55 peaking! Therefore we are in a better situation at the moment with fatalities!
Yes we are 2 weeks earlier with the mesurements..and yes I am well informed because I am trying to help slow down the situation!
There is some hope with medicine..and I am pushing it here in government!(small country and as someone who studied medicine we are using statistics here to optimise how things are handeled!)
The virus uses ace2 to get into the cell and takes it with it ..!
That makes the cells vulnerable! We have these cells in the deep alveoles of the lungs but also in all blood transporting organs!
The epidemic comes from bats that commonly have many corona viruses and from them switched to animals that were eaten in Wuhan on a market! The virus passed the ace2 barrier in the intestines of humans and from there the human to human virus transport is through droplet infection when speaking or coughing@
So yes stay 2 yards away from people and dont cough into your hand! Clean your hands for a long time with soap and use alcohol solvent desinfect! Heck you could even use brandy!
The reason is that Covid 19 just like other viruses has a lipid(fat)
shell! You can break that shell open easily by using fat solving detergents inkl soap! Stay away from other people to keep safe!
On surfaces it keeps on plastic longest! Could be as long as 2 days but probably in most cases a few hours!
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Irritability?
Yes!!!
Its the frustration of having to do with something that you
cant change!
You dont know if you have enough to survive....if you have work in 6 months or not.....if you fall sick and your lungs are so damaged that breathing becomes a problem!
Trump started off with its no big deal and he is now into fighting the war agains a chinese illness! So yes..some get it late but hopefully not to late! :evil:
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Hey Guys, hope you are safe. Missed you long time, I just graduated in economics and will be getting back to 3D with blender this year, already started learning it in the end of last year. I kept visiting here logged off because I hadn't much to say, things were running fast, 7 years passed by.

Situation here in Brazil is about to get critical, we have an unbelievably crazy President (got elected with fake news and cambridge analytica, I think you understand it, but it is even worse than you can imagine hehe). The good news is that I'm helping coordinate a big effort to produce emergency medical equipment with 3D printers, and we are still developing and prototyping a ventilator project with the same low-cost, decentralized characteristics. It's volunteer work backed by several types of institutions, I think you should look into it if you think the epidemic curve in your country is going to overload the healthcare system, which is the case in the third world.

Wish you all the best, take care!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

that sounds good... good luck with that! you will need everything.
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

https://www.ciirc.cvut.cz/covid-2/

Czech this out ;) Who has the 3D printer.
Michal aka bitkar
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

There is evidence that one person infected with the virus in South Korea passed the virus on to over 3,000 people by going to the store once and church twice.

This sickness is very easily passed on to others.

Stay home and keep your hands and your place clean.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

3 cases reported in my village so far. One, who is the grand father of my daughter's friend, is now intubated and put into an artificial coma. :(

Those who can pray our Lord, please name this man in your prayers : is name is Michel.

Stay safe, that plague is not a joke.