COVID-19

A place where have some extra fun..
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

COVID-19

Post by Emmanuel »

The country (France) is shutting down today.

My son has left the work at 12 : his company is closing. My daughter's school is already closed since this morning. Most of my clients' offices are closing also.
We've got 4 month of food in the cupboards and some books left to read.

It looks like upcoming months will be interesting times :mrgreen:
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: COVID-19

Post by RAYMAN »

Yup! We shut down today to here!
Doesnt look that nice when I look into the states too!
Keep safe!
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

Take care everyone..stay safe
streets are empty of traffic here in Quebec Ca. as schools shut down, businesses closing, but fresh food can be bought as long as the border stays open to trade.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

I just wanted to grab a few things for St.Patrick's Day dinner... grocery store was a shitshow. People done lost their minds.
Somebody had to get the last bag of potatoes and I'm happy to report back that it was me.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

The panic is real.... we are stocked up on most things. I hope this is solved quickly.
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

Czech republic is sealed and we can only go to work and shop if neccessary. Iam at work now, but finally starting tomorrow i should have home office. Most of companies have home offices already. I travel across whole Prague and there are almost no ppl on the sidewalk and like 1/3 of the normal traffic. I see buses riding almost empty too.
This shit is real, it will take few months to clear. In CZ everybody is crafting protection for the mouth and nose at least, it has become a fenomenon :) Ppl are making really nice one according to last fashion :D

Seems like we in CZ did quite early countermeasures, so it will be ok, not like Italy.

Take care gentlemen!
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Hi Bitkar!
We were earlier a few days here in Austria!
Making masks is nice but no real protection!
The virus is 9 micron large and only masks of class 3 can filter that size..so masks that dont do that arent realy protecting!
We have 30% plus increase still here of the cases and keeping people off the street slows the increase down!
The target is making the curve flatter..under 20%and less!
Reason is that we dont have enough hospital capacity for 30plus%...so that would end in people dead because they cant be treated! Expect to be under 20 % in about 2 weeks!
Studied medicine so yes its true ..its going to stay for some time!
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Hysterical over reaction is more destructive than a problem. Fear is the most powerful weapon of all. Combine it with herd mentality or mass hysteria and its power is unstoppable. Add ignorance, mental illness, immaturity, low intelligence, assorted weakness and vices and the destruction is multiplied. Unfortunately I just described a typical human. The hysteria can decrease the ability to deal with the problem as well.

Sometimes there was no real problem. This time there is a disease. Like its siblings colds and flu, it is quite contagious and spreads rapidly. It is more dangerous to vulnerable people than typical flu. Perhaps equivalent to "killer" flu varieties or a bit more. Reasonable countermeasures are appropriate. That could cause some temporary hardship. What we are seeing is not reasonable. This is madness.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Your wife sees black widow spiders in the house. This is indeed a problem. Grandpa and the baby could be in danger you could be sickened by a bite. You investigate. Are there two? Several? Hundreds? Solutions: squash them, Thorough search and squash, pro exterminator, bag the house and fumigate. Hmm, which is appropriate to the threat? Meanwhile your hysterical wife is burning down the house.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

It's really amazing how long a pallet of toilet paper will continue to burn.