Query on Stage Building 7.61 B8 One at a Time Style...

Technical questions, etc..
Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Query on Stage Building 7.61 B8 One at a Time Style...

Post by Krowbarh »

I installed the reiner patch that makes it work in 7.61....It works & renders but materials seem to be a problem when I try to apply tS closes down so I guess just one hurdle so far...
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Krowbarh wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 00:59 I installed the reiner patch that makes it work in 7.61....It works & renders but materials seem to be a problem when I try to apply tS closes down so I guess just one hurdle so far...
You may want to install the tS761B8 Unofficial Update then as it has the necessary files for Vray.
Material libraries, etc...
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3732
Krowbarh

Post by Krowbarh »

Thanks for your help...I think I got it working right now...Did a search on here for similars & downloaded a LwME.dll & overwrote it now VRay works with no prob on either assigning from mat editor or dragging from Vray lib...

Mat editor assignment-

Drag VRAy mat to object-

Brain drain for sure on this one...Am assembling an overwrite folder for future installs...
Krowbarh

Post by Krowbarh »

OK then...Thanks to trueBlue for the input, however the subject is still open as I am not going to do a mass overwrite into the tS761 directory such as with an unofficial update as it would be hARd to undo unless I copy the whole dir & replace it if there are stability issues...

I'd rather add one thing at a time, I will learn more that way & it will be readily undone if there is a problem...

So sofar I have trueSpace 7.61 b8 with V-Ray 1.53 working...That's it...

Mostly interested in workspace addons for modeling or working with materials as it is nice to model in a direct-x 'game engine'...

Would be NICE if there was a polygon plugin for doing poly-by-poly modeling in open space like for modeling heads & such for the workspace.

I know there is one for modelspace but is rather featureless compared to the same in amapi or hexagon or modo...
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

Krowbarh wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 14:12 OK then...Thanks to trueBlue for the input, however the subject is still open as I am not going to do a mass overwrite into the tS761 directory such as with an unofficial update as it would be hARd to undo unless I copy the whole dir & replace it if there are stability issues...
You can probably still get something out of the Unofficial Updates.
When you run the executable don't uncompress into the truespace folder. Then you can look at the changed items without installing. A few things are purely bug fixes:
Added the missing Flatten Axis button
Fixed the Weight Paint tool's wrong command
Added the missing Transfer Skining Weights button
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 16:38
Krowbarh wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 14:12 OK then...Thanks to trueBlue for the input, however the subject is still open as I am not going to do a mass overwrite into the tS761 directory such as with an unofficial update as it would be hARd to undo unless I copy the whole dir & replace it if there are stability issues...
You can probably still get something out of the Unofficial Updates.
When you run the executable don't uncompress into the truespace folder. Then you can look at the changed items without installing. A few things are purely bug fixes:
Added the missing Flatten Axis button
Fixed the Weight Paint tool's wrong command
Added the missing Transfer Skining Weights button
I doubt that this would work as those items are in the toolbars, included objects, and the layouts would be required too.
Here is a list of mostly, the fixes and a few of the enhancements in the update:
Layouts
* These layouts have been fixed to prevent the Main toolbars from showing on the
Desktop when tS is Minimized by merging the bottom two Workspace toolbars together into one toolbar and docked with the Status panel.
* Removed the duplicated tSMainWnd nodes.
* Removed all of the RS...toolbar Frame Windows.
* Set the OwnedBy attribute for most of the toolbar's Frame Window which stops the toolbars from showing through newly opened Views.

Skeleton tool widget
* Added missing X-Ray brick

Snapping
* Exported the 'Snap Radius' attribute on the Grid aspect.

Animation Preferences
* Shrink Range button script. Author Clinton Reese

Mesh Editor Settings
* Mirror button scripts. - Author Clinton Reese

Vray Material Editor
* Includes the Offline Render icons - Render Scene, Render Area, Render Object and Render Animation buttons, enabling them to resize the Vray render window using the Vray - Width and Height values, UV tools, and Update Library Browser.

3D Record toolbar
* Added RMB command to the 3D Record toolbar button which opens its preference panel in the Stack/Settings.

Model File Menu
Toggle Tooltips
Help Version 6.5 - February, 2003
Spline Polygon tool

WorkspaceMain, WorkspaceMain2, BottomBar, and BottomBar2 toolbars
* 2D Encapsulate icon
* 2D Unencapsulate icon - Added a button to Unencapsulate selected objects.
* 3D Encapsulate icon / RMB - 3D Unencapsulate - Author Clinton Reese
* Copy - Changed the RMB command to include multiple selections and insert the copied objects to any opened Link Editor view at X = 600 and Y = 600 and offset each copied object horizontally by 60.
* Unlook At - Added button that removes the Look At.
* Look At - RMB command 'Unselect'.
* Show - LMB shows all the selected objects and RMB Shows the new Object Render Attributes panel for the selected object.
* Hide - LMB Hides all the selected objects and RMB Shows the new Object Render Attributes panel for the selected object.
* Show All - LMB Shows any objects that have an Object Render Attributes panel.
* Hide All - LMB Hides any objects that have an Object Render Attributes panel.

Workspace Navigation
* Added the missing Flatten Axis button which is used to store the pivot into mesh for procedural animations.
* Fixed the Weight Paint tool's wrong command.
* Added RMB command to the Axis tool button which toggles the Axis Widget to show In Front.
* Added RMB command to the Axis tool button which toggles the Axis Widget to show In Front.

Workspace File Menu
* Added Help - United 2D Artist (Web Link), Updates (Web Link)

WinGUID_Bar
Uses the main 3D window's WinGUID in the commands for the Views, Ground, Scene render attributes, Reset view, and Look at Selection icons. Which means the window does not have to have focus in order to work.
* Added to the main view's title bar in all layouts.
* Includes a Material Editor icon.
* Set Camera - LMB = Set Camera / RMB = Eye view.
* Look at Selection - LMB = Look a selection / RMB = Look at next object.
* Perspective - RMB Rotates the View.
* Isometric - RMB Rotates the View.
* Camera Move, Camera Rotate, Camera FOV, and Rectangle Zoom - RMB opens current active Eye Camera panel in the Stack/Panels.
* Camera FOV and Rectangle Zoom - RMB in 3D Space resets FOV.
* Zoom to Selection - LMB = Zoom to Selection / RMB = Zoom to next object.
* Zoom to next Object - LMB = Zoom to next Object / RMB = Zoom to All.
* View icon opens a 3D Window with a NewViewBar toolbar set to its WinID.
* View 3D Window toolbar's Save New View icon. Saves current size and placement.

Clinton toolbar that is compatible with 'C3D Persistent Install v2' - Author Clinton Reese
D3D Render 'Updated 11/04/2019'
Constraint 'Updated 9/24/2019'
Align and Distribute
Grid Array 2 'Updated 10/12/2019'
Radial Array 2 'Updated 10/12/2019'
Lathe Sweep 'Updated 10/12/2019'
Point Clone 'Updated 10/15/2019'
Plane Loop
Static Sweep
Normal Move 'Updated 10/15/2019'
Freeze Transforms
Parent - Unparent
Interpolation toolbar 'Updated 9/8/2019'
Nurbs toolbar 'Updated 10/08/2019'
Toolbar Manager toolbar
LoadRAPreset 'Updated 8/17/2019'
C3D Restore - Restore Custom Scripts floating panel

Script Commands
* Unglue.xml Added 3D UnEncapsulate script - Author Clinton Reese
* UnLookAt.xml Updated to include Lights. - Author Clinton Reese 'Updated 8/13/2019'
* onenewscene.xml Updated to fix missing Status Line string and renamed Camera1 to Camera.
* ShowAll, HideAll, Hide, and Show.xml scripts for the Workspace Main toolbars.
Note: Encapsulated objects are not supported with ShowAll and HideAll unless you use Hide or Show first.
* Cam2Eye.xml that transfers all of the settings from a selected camera to the Eye Camera.
* Added Cam2Eye icon to the camera tools in the Red Custom Toolbar.
* Rotate Isometric View
* Rotate Perspective View

* Included Clintons3dPlugin.rsx v.1638413 and Clintons3dPluginExt.rsx v.1638413 to /trueSpace761 and Plugins.xml to /Scripts - Author Clinton Reese
Note: the Clintons3dPlugin.rsx plugin is necessary for several of Clinton Reese's scripts that are included in this update.

New - YafaRay4tSv0.9.9 is fully integrated into trueSpace. - Author Clinton Reese 'Updated 12/18/2019'

More importantly Clinton Reese developed Protect Workspace and Synchronize that fixes several issues with the Bridge between Workspace and Model in tS761.
Krowbarh

Post by Krowbarh »

Woah!...That's alot to digest, Kinda like watching Link Editor Videos...

Yeah, I uniextracted the unofficial update but like you said it's involved & hard to understand from looking at structure...

I guess I'll just plug away as it is & add things only as needed as the app is plenty powerful as is...

I had just by chance installed this recently & found it to be pretty good as is...Way better than the 7.6 modelside 2.1 monster I had tried a couple years ago which was slow, buggy, laggy...In essence I could almost do nothing with it and I deduce it was 'updated'...

Now after using this 'base' install it's much faster, more responsive, less crashy...in other words 'useable' so NOW after all this time I can start using it and learning it...

Am getting used to the link editor flow & even though quite complex I still find it much more intuitive than BLENDER! Plus the DX nature I can run it on all my old-ass dual-core machines...

Thanks again trueBlue >>>
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

I'm curious TB, when did this become an issue?
* These layouts have been fixed to prevent the Main toolbars from showing on the
Desktop when tS is Minimized by merging the bottom two Workspace toolbars together into one toolbar and docked with the Status panel.
I've never had that problem. I use stock truespace in a floating layout, with main toolbar snapped to my 3d view. I can minimize truespace with no issues as you describe.
I did notice that if I minimized just my 3d view the main toolbar remained until I added the owned by value set to that window in my newest install.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

stan wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 21:20 I'm curious TB, when did this become an issue?
I've never had that problem. I use stock truespace in a floating layout, with main toolbar snapped to my 3d view. I can minimize truespace with no issues as you describe.
I did notice that if I minimized just my 3d view the main toolbar remained until I added the owned by value set to that window in my newest install.
Since like 2009 when I discovered how to fix it. :mrgreen:
Here is a picture of tS76, Restore Down, new 3D Window minimized, and the Script toolbars showing on my Desktop.
Capture.PNG
They also show through other tS windows too. Not shown.

The only way from stopping them from showing on the Desktop is to Dock them or encapsulate then into a window.
Although Clinton discovered how to do this from script without docking them to the side of a window.

Code: Select all

if(!Node.SubObjectCount("Toolbar Prototypes Encapsulator/ClintonToolbar") ==0){name=WindowsManager.GetWindowsManagerNodeName();WindowsManager.CloseToolbar("ClintonToolbar");WindowsManager.OpenToolbarFromPrototype("ClintonToolbar",32,32,0,0);Node.Rename(name+"/"+Node.SubObject(name,Node.SubObjectCount(name)-1),"ClintonToolbarFrame");WindowsManager.SnapFrameToFrameEx(WindowsManager.GetWorkWindow(),name+"/ClintonToolbarFrame",19,10,310,-60);WindowsManager.SetFrameOwnerFrame(name+"/ClintonToolbarFrame",WindowsManager.GetWorkWindow());}
Even to a another window that has focus
Capture2.PNG
Setting the OwenedBy for floating panels is important too, as they can disappear when you minimize tS, even though they still exist in the Windows Manager Space.
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

Do you have something like this in the macro record buttons commands so they automatically have an owner? They can be a problem.

Code: Select all

WindowsManager.OpenToolbarFromPrototype('MacroRecordjS', 100, 360,-1,-1);name = WindowsManager.GetWindowsManagerNodeName();WindowsManager.SetFrameOwnerFrame(name + '/'+Node.SubObject(name,Node.SubObjectCount(name)-1),WindowsManager.GetWorkWindow());