Escapism Game Creator?

Game Engines, Projects and more
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Escapism Game Creator?

Post by LeonRegis »

I don't really need it... but to make this Thread more interesting and useful.
I want a escapism game creator that use scenes from one image (3D, photo, picture, etc) I don't want those who already have the objects... Exist some stuff like that? I think that is easy to do the game itself but the scenes are complicated, I will do a escapism game just for fun and knowledge.

Thanks in Advance
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Escapism Game Creator?

Post by nigec »

as in escape the room games?
If the answers yes most are Flash and you need Adobe Flash unfortunately which isn't cheap, you can use FLEX but you'd need to be a hard core coder

2D engines
If your not bothered about online games the next option is Adventure Maker, it requires no coding knowledge, you just drop pictures in, add a few hotspots tell them what to do kinda thing, downside is you need to buy it to share the game or get your mates to download AM so they can run the game.. also does PSP, and iPod/iPhone games
then there's AGS aka Adventure game studio, totally free but does require some coding
Visionaire, very powerful but not free but cheaper than AM, it would be my choice for a windows game
Wintermute, does 2.5D and does commercially viable games, free but a lot harder than the above, truespace is no good for the 2.5D meshes, but Blender is

3D
Reality Factory, claims game creation without coding and free
3D Rad, has been talked about here
3D Game Studio.. awesome but not free
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: Escapism Game Creator?

Post by LeonRegis »

Thank you Nigec, I think is it so if someone know other escapism game creator just post here.
I'll search about it when I get some more time...

Thanks again

Edit: I'll send some feedback about the programs
One question> Adventure Maker it's free but need some kind of license to sell
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi