External Renderers

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
Nez
Petty Officer Third Class

Re: External Renderers

Post by Nez »

It's a bit harsh to bemoan Rayman's grammar: his native language is not English, but he has tried hard to provide a lot of information - for free - to support tS users exploring other applications.
If you are having specific problems, you could try asking him directly as he is always keen to help out and I'm sure he'll be glad to resolve your problem if he can.

This is an international forum, set up by a guy from south America who is not a native English speaker and the main tS forum set a good example with members from all over Europe and further afield - hopefully the same will soon be true here too. To expect exemplary English from all of them is pretty unreasonable (being from the UK, I'd note that you'd do well to get good grammar from most Brits these days, frankly).

Besides: if you're going to complain about grammar on a web-forum, you might like to fix the typos in your own posts - I found 2 on this page for starters.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

You know I read what was said and thought the same things. Cut up someone trying to help you is pretty low. I hope that was a mistake and you learn from it. Rayman has tons of talent and knowledge he shares with us so be thankful he is here.
Please do not check my post for spelling errors...I talk with a lisp :lol:
Excalibur
Petty Officer Second Class

Post by Excalibur »

Report this post
It's a bit harsh to bemoan Rayman's grammar: his native language is not English, but he has tried hard to provide a lot of information - for free - to support tS users exploring other applications.
If you are having specific problems, you could try asking him directly as he is always keen to help out and I'm sure he'll be glad to resolve your problem if he can.

This is an international forum, set up by a guy from south America who is not a native English speaker and the main tS forum set a good example with members from all over Europe and further afield - hopefully the same will soon be true here too. To expect exemplary English from all of them is pretty unreasonable (being from the UK, I'd note that you'd do well to get good grammar from most Brits these days, frankly).

Besides: if you're going to complain about grammar on a web-forum, you might like to fix the typos in your own posts - I found 2 on this page for starters.
Now was I saying he's an idiot and should go to Hell for using bad grammar? No! Not at all! I was only saying it's a bit harder to understand it 'cause of his bad grammar! What's wrong with that? I find absolutely nothing wrong! I was only saying how it's harder to understand!
You know I read what was said and thought the same things. Cut up someone trying to help you is pretty low. I hope that was a mistake and you learn from it. Rayman has tons of talent and knowledge he shares with us so be thankful he is here.
I wasn't! See the above! Jeez.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I had to keep the text down to a minimum when I made the tutorial because i posted it in a normal thread.
It was only after I asked Norm that i was able to move it to the tutorial section ! ;)
Its very simple I already Pm´d that you export from model side. You rightclick the object selection tool (thats the one with the arrow)
and you will see a field that has a dropdown menue......
you export one object after the other from that droppdown into a folder that you have created.
When you are in Kerkythea you import with the merge command its as simple as that.
You cant export lights ! You set those up in Kerkythea... !
Excalibur
Petty Officer Second Class

Post by Excalibur »

Yeah, I know, I set up lights and the camera in Kerkythea anyway, I find tS's lights, specifically spot lights, hard to maneuver and get right, in Kerkythea it's pretty simple. Although it'd be nice if it had a real-time renderer, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

So, anyone know why the two planes' textures are pure black?

Here's the folder with the Kerkythea save of the scene, the render, the rsobj, the obj of everything, and everything else for that scene. Included 'cause I couldn't upload the Kerkythea save or the tS save, and also so that you can see that the planes aren't pure black, they have a texture.
Attachments
Test.zip
(250.54 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by nigec »

For some reason I can't extract the archive, i get a corrupt archieve error.. have you checked the material properties in Kerkythea? what format was the texture?

You usually need to tweak the textures anyway, TBH the bike I did on the TS forum I just threw the base texture files onto the model then and messed about in Kerkythea to get the final image, your wasting your time adding shaders in TS as they rarely export,, saying that I used 3DS not obj, so obj may and I could be talking out of my rear as usual!

edit:
well poke me in the eye with a pointy stick! TS planes do end up black and the material appears ok in the editor.. spooky
However they work fine as 3DS export
maybe they are to thin, faces flipped, I just binned it and used the Kerky plane
I usually use a thin cube.. its easier to select for one thing :)