Froo vs. the Wormhole

froo
Captain

Froo vs. the Wormhole

Post by froo »

Hey everybody!
Well you probably won't believe it, but here's why I have been gone so long.
I fell into a wormhole. Yep. See, I was wondering why we keep ending up with missing socks
in the laundry and I discovered the reason - wormholes. They're usually juuuuust big enough for a single
sock to fall through. Weeeeell, this one was so big I just got sucked in. Let me tell ya... it's CRAZY out there
in the universe! :bananacool2:

How is everyone doing? I took 3 weeks off for vacation during the holiday season, starting Dec. 14 2018.
I come back to work January 7 2019, and they laid me off! A-hahaha whaaat? Honestly, I truly did not care. At All.
Why? The job had just gotten so boring for too long... too many years. ust makin sausage (figure of speech), every day... boooring, depressing. They were complaining about my job performance. Hm I wonder why... maybe because grunting out steaming mounds of numbers and text is not interesting to me... hm.... I was already searching for another job and had
two job interviews setup for later in January anyway. At the 'layoff' meeting I was thinking, yeah yeah bla bla BLA just give me my severance and I'm gone, kay? So anyway.

The first interview was a flop. At the end they asked, do you have any questions for us? My initial impulse was to say: yeah, where's the exit? :lol: The second interview was spectacular. And I got the job! They made me an offer I could not refuse. Check this out. I will be writing plugins for CREO, a solid modelling application. I, and the users, will be modelling what will become real world objects, parts, that compose spacecraft. We're talking project ORION - the manned mission to Mars, amongst other projects. So, heck yeah I am excited about it! :) The plugins for trueSpace that I created way back when - I used those as part of my pitch to them. I told them, I have related experience already. I even brought a hardcopy of the OBJ Exporter code for the Workspace side. I didn't show it to them, but I had it just in case. I start in just about 2 weeks.

In addition to the new job, Nellja and I are working hard on The Voice Ranch (www.VoiceRanch.com), booking Voice Over work for ourselves and others. Fun stuff! Several of our talent can be heard in the game, Ancestors:Legacy from Destructive Creations. A lot of yelling is involved; I warn the talent ahead of time, to be sure they are ok with doing that for 1.5 to 2 hours per session.

Alrighty, talk soon everybody!

Froo / Jason
www.VoiceRanch.com

Nellja
www.NelljaAllen.com
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Froo vs. the Wormhole

Post by clintonman »

Very nice. Good to hear things are going so well.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Nice to hear from you Froo!
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Orion? Fantastic! I wonder though, now that the wormhole generator can transport items bigger than socks will we need rockets? Voice Ranch cool!
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

good luck mate! glad to hear the plugins for tS helped you :) Good deed came to play.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Froo! Jason!!!

you're back, and in the game! I am so happy to hear this. I still remember doing the recordings for BPR clients of mine with you and your friend. Thanks again for that. I am sure the Ranch will go far, and if I do need recordings again I'll go to you first and foremost!

I am stoked you will be able to do everything you've loved to do with SPACE! To me that sounds like a dream job, a bit of reality, a bit of 3D, a bit of imagination, all in with amazing work. I'm glad the sausages are over.

If you aren't in heavy NDA's, share your progress! I will love to see what you develop.

I myself have slowly started to develop for Bforartists here and there. I did my first two tasks yesterday! Compiling successfully. It's nice to build off a mature software that's not slowing down development.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Haha Thanks everybody!
Yeah I start working feb. 25, so I have been on 'vacation' since Dec. 14 2018 pretty much. Getting a little bored... :)
Heck yeah Draise! I will see what I can mention. Lookin forward to it, and always glad to help with voice over whenever you need it!
Great to hear you are progressing with Blender! :)
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

If one was to bite a wormhole in half like an apple, would they find half of a worm?
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

AWEsome to read that Froo!
Wonderful 'work'! :D
All the best to you two.