Workflow..and TS..

Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Workflow..and TS..

Post by Emmanuel »

clintonman wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 03:35
Emmanuel wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 13:23 I've downloaded the last version of 3Delight from https://www.3delight.com/download and installed it on top of the one from the package linked in the previous post.

It works.

Are you sure about that? The new 3delights are 64 bit so it shouldn't work if you installed over the older 32 bit one. I think you have both versions installed and truespace is using the older one.
You are right. I see two installations of 3Delight : one in Program Files (x86) and one in Program Files, and if I rename 3Delight directory in the (x86) folder, dribble doen(t work.
So installing the latest 3Delight version does not work. I mean, it works but Dribble is still using the old version to render :oops: .

Do you know a trick to make use of the new version ?
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

Emmanuel wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 08:37
clintonman wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 03:35
Emmanuel wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 13:23 I've downloaded the last version of 3Delight from https://www.3delight.com/download and installed it on top of the one from the package linked in the previous post.

It works.

Are you sure about that? The new 3delights are 64 bit so it shouldn't work if you installed over the older 32 bit one. I think you have both versions installed and truespace is using the older one.
You are right. I see two installations of 3Delight : one in Program Files (x86) and one in Program Files, and if I rename 3Delight directory in the (x86) folder, dribble doen(t work.
So installing the latest 3Delight version does not work. I mean, it works but Dribble is still using the old version to render :oops: .

Do you know a trick to make use of the new version ?
That's too bad.I was hoping you would say it does truly work. I don't know of any way to call 64 bit code from inside a 32 bit application. The only way would be to call as an external renderer which would require a huge rewrite of dribble and it would not be integrated into truespace anymore.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Has anyone tried the RIB file generated from Dribble with the 3Delight Standalone 64 bit version?
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

trueBlue wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 15:54 Has anyone tried the RIB file generated from Dribble with the 3Delight Standalone 64 bit version?
Yeah, it WORKS !

I thought the i-Display standalone was broken because you can't load RIB files from the program. But the workflow is different. You should not open the standalone renderer first.
To render a RIB file made from Dribble, you just have to right-clic the RIB file in Windows Explorer to open the context-menu and clic the Render with 3delight option !
3delight context menu.jpg
It quickly opens a DOS window then the I-Display standalone window opens and the render starts and... IT'S FAST !

It is not only fast, it also allows for large texture rendering. I tried to paint an object in trueSpace with a photo from my Lumix G80. In trueSpace, Lightworks renders it all black because it can't handle texture files larger than 2048 pixels. Now with the standalone 3Delight renderer, I can paint with a 5200 x 3419 pixels wide texture and IT RENDERS !

Next, I've made an other test with hi polygon object. Load a cube in the scene, clic Quad Divide tool several times until my cube get 98304 faces.
- Try to render in Dribble inside trueSpace and it crashes because of the 2Gb RAM limit.
- Try to save as RIB and render from the standalone and IT WORKS !

:bananadrum:
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Awesome! Long live trueSpace!
From Clinton's notes:
use renderdl - uses the i-display driver instead of rendering to the trueSpace viewport
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

Some remarks to save you experiment time with the Standalone 3Delight renderer and Dribble export :

- The standalone renders at the size of the trueSpace window. So if you want to define a specific size, you should open en new 3D window in your Modeler space, set its size with a right-clic on the litte red/white house to open the View options, make sure it is active, then clic the RIB export in Dribble toolbar.

- You don't have to create several RIB files each time you want to render the scene you are working on. Simply use the same file name and, in the i-Display window of 3Delight standalone, select File>Render, or press Ctrl+R and it re-loads the file to render immediatly.

- I tried to render a huge scene (360 Mb) Vray can't even render (I have to render it in two passes, foreground then background with half the objects). No miracles here. 3Delight exits.

- There is no way to render animation because the RIB export only work with current frame. Maybe an update of Dribble options panel could add the option ? Clinton, what do you think ?
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Yes its possible.. needs one rib per frame !May I also say that Pixar Renderman is free for personal use like rendering for contests etc! Just not for payed work!!!😏
Instaals in Blender..loads rib and is.. most powerfull of them all!!!
https://renderman.pixar.com/login?redir ... om%2Fintro
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Anyone managed to get Dribble working? It installed fine but just get the black screen when rendering.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

splinters wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 21:53 Anyone managed to get Dribble working? It installed fine but just get the black screen when rendering.
It works for me at least :mrgreen:

Did you follow the instructions step by step Splinter ?
If you have a previous installation of 3Delight, you must uninstall AND delete all remaining files manually BEFORE making a fresh install.
Also, you may have to restart the computer between uninstall/install because I guess 3Delight is a sort of server technology.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

that all sounds great... I tried renderman years ago with no success to load and render RIB from dribble. I wonder if you succeed.

Can dribble be made like Vray? Vray is very well integrated.
Load a cube in the scene, clic Quad Divide tool several times until my cube get 98304 faces.
Only 90000 faces cannot be rendered??? i rendered in tS scenes/objects with more than one milion faces and it worked.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)