Workflow..and TS..

RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Workflow..and TS..

Post by RAYMAN »

Okino works! I tried the basics! What I didnt get to work was importing instances into TS the rest is good! The price is the bummer!
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

Does it import scene animations as well (objects, vertex, etc) ?
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

Regarding 3Delight/dribble, I just installed Simon's plugin and Clinton's last update, on a fresh new PC (Windows 8.1).

It works.

Here are the steps to install 3Delight for use with trueSpace :

First, download the package that contains all the installation files you need.

Next, follow the instructions :

1. Run the 3Delight x86 installer file : 3delight-11.0.24-setup.exe
This will install the 3delight engine on your computer.

2. Run the Dribble installer file : Dribble1.04wip080808_setup.exe
This will create a dribble folder in your tS/tsx plugins folder. It will also copy some files in your trueSpace directory but also in 3delight's directory.

3. Open the zip file "Compiled3DelightShaders_Nov2013"
Manually copy all the files into your 3delight/shaders directory. It should be located here : C:\Program Files (x86)\3Delight\shaders
These are special 3delight shaders that work with trueSpace. If you don't copy these files, your objects will be rendered all grey.

3. Copy dribble1.05wip101813_ts6or7.tsx file in your tS/tsx/dribble directory
This file is the latest version of Dribble, made by Clinton.

4. Start trueSpace, clic the add extension icon, go to your tsx/dribble folder and pick up the dribble1.05 tsx.

5. RESTART trueSpace.

Now if you clic the Dribble extension icon, a toolbar will open, with 3 new render icons (Render scene, Render scene to file, Render a portion of the screen), plus an icon to export a .rib file to render your scene with an standalone RIB renderer, and button to show or hide the settings.

Have fun !

3delight&dribble.jpg
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

I've downloaded the last version of 3Delight from https://www.3delight.com/download and installed it on top of the one from the package linked in the previous post.

It works.

3Delight claims it is faster.
It is still a bit slower than Lightworks (23% slower with same scene settings), but for the time cost you get fur, true displacement mapping, etc...
3delight animal.jpg
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

dont remember... does it support multithreading? I remember it was kinda slow, i think it used to be only single thread.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Good plugin but doesnr solve the 32 bit limit!
I would still suggest 2 things!!!!
First full exporter to and from Blender file format with everything supported including instances etc ..what is possible and how far it makes sense!!! 2. Support of Alembic format.. 3..Support of Collada from the model side..but the full compatible to Blender way!
I would like to also see drag and drop functionality from and to libraries! Why not so much fbx..? Because its more or less hit and miss..and its not open documented! Collada..is also not so easy.. because..there is also no real bullet proof standard..but if we define..that it should open and export to Blender and Daz..thats at least making it more precise and easier that way!
That way we can open TS for the future to all render solutiins and to an always free 64 bit workroom!!!
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

we just need ANY way to use newer rendering technology, that can handle bigger scenes with more lights. And also displacement mapping is the future! This feature is imho the most important, it can make object look much more complex, realistic than anything with pretty much low costs in rendering time and effort.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

You are right. TrueSpace cannot handle big scenes as it can't use more than 2Gb of RAM. I've tried the 4Gb patch and it doesn't seem to help.

VRay is multithreading because it operates through the Bridge.
3Delight as a standalone renderer is supposed to be multithreading also, but I don't know if Dribble allows for that. Clinton may know...
If Dribble is a bottleneck, then the RIB export may allow us to use an external renderer.

Now regarding other standalone render engines, I like Marmost Toolbag 3 interface very much. It is not expensive (132 $ with Black Friday rebate), it handles large scenes, provides with real-time rendering, offers full control over the camera, lights, etc... In brief, it only does rendering and that's all I need !
It loads OBJ files from trueSpace as Xrefs. It means you can continue to edit your mesh in trueSpace, then save it in OBJ format from time to time, and Marmoset updates the model in real time. OBJ format keeps the location of your object in the 3D space, so you objects loads in Marmoset at the exact same location as they are in trueSpace. There is no 90° flips or so.
It's almost as simple as switching from Model side to Workspace...

The only issue with OBJ is about shaders. You have to edit each shader manually in Marmoset to match what they look like in trueSpace. If your object has textures applied, basically, you have to open the Emissive panel and make sure color is set to white and glow to black.

I've got an old conversion program called Deep Exploration (it's like Polytrans) that loads entire trueSpace scenes (just have to make sure I save my .scn in tS4.3 compatibility mode) and converts it in Collada format.
Marmoset load Collada pretty well. All textures and shaders settings are saved, even lights and cameras locations (there is only a 90° rotation bug for the cameras) !

With an FBX or COLLADA export plugin in Modeler side we could have a seamless Bridge with Marmoset of similar tools...
Clinton, are you reading ? ;)
truespace and marmoset.jpg
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Emmanuel wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 13:23 I've downloaded the last version of 3Delight from https://www.3delight.com/download and installed it on top of the one from the package linked in the previous post.

It works.

Are you sure about that? The new 3delights are 64 bit so it shouldn't work if you installed over the older 32 bit one. I think you have both versions installed and truespace is using the older one.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

bitkar wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 14:22 dont remember... does it support multithreading? I remember it was kinda slow, i think it used to be only single thread.
I think older free version of 3delight was limited to 2 cores, later they expanded it to 4 and the new one looks like they increased it to 12 cores.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com