Might be kind of lonely though :(
In Deep... 3D Space, nobody can hear you scream! :shock:
:mrgreen:
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Post by Finis »

I'm trying out NordVPN. Easy to use. Advanced features if you want them. I seldom notice any slowness. Cheap enough if the 2 year deal is still available.

I want to go here again. It is open in October. Too long a drive for my old truck.
trueBlue wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 21:57In Deep... 3D Space, nobody can hear you scream!
3D screaming occurs when learning Blender. The hot key for screaming is shift-alt-S*7-right mouse button.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

btw: i saw some discount coupons for NordVPN on some youtube channels.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Strange observatory mysterious closure It is a nice place to go for a break or hike in the area.
bitkar wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 08:44btw: i saw some discount coupons for NordVPN on some youtube channels.
Signed up and got a deal.

UPDATE: Free of the bubble that ubiquitous profiling creates, I see "recommended" and "you might also like" suggestions that are more varied and so are more useful and interesting. That's right, without goolag style profiling I see more recommended videos, pages, products, or even ads that I might click than in their bubble. I also found that:
- My bank doesn't like me trying to log in "from" unusual locations
- I should pick US servers to check weather sites so I get the temp in Fahrenheit.
- One email address, through a third party, notifies me every time I check email "from" a new location. Security, good.
- I see ads in other-than-english languages, for "foreign" products, different way of advertising etc. that give an interesting view into other cultures
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Playing with Blender's fire simulation. Steinie Brew's Red Fire beer. The only beer with fire.
Attachments
BeerGlassFire.jpg
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

I think I've had that. Jalapeno deep fried in beer batter.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Halloween hexed my FBX. I tried exporting a DAZ scene as FBX to Blender and the figure was distorted in spooky ways.
Attachments
HalloweenFBX.jpg
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Dunno about FBX to Blender, but here is a video on a OBJ import from DAZ3d to Blender and sending objects back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z88bInNmrA
Walk by faith, not by sight.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Well there is no documentation on the fbx format! In the long interview even the head of Blender admitted..they are getting a hard time with fbx...because..well go figure! Even Eon..vue suggests to rather use the collada format!
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Thanks. I was trying to export/import with rigging and animation so obj won't do it. The FBX export had a bazillion options. I'll try collada or just stop playing with Daz to Blender transfer with rigging and animation since it is unlikely I'll need it.