Hello, anyone still here? :)

RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Hello, anyone still here? :)

Post by RAYMAN »

Hi! Welcome back! Most of us regulats are still here!
I started modeling inside Moi3d which is an affordable nurbs program! I also use Vue and Blender and Bfartists! Still here still enjoying it!😏
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Welcome back B_Scotty!
I've used trueSpace since 2.0 and even "Caligari" (it's original name) on the Amiga. Heck I still use trueSpace like others here do. I don't mind learning
a new program but trueSpace still works for me. I have never had a crash using Windows 10. Another free modeling program I enjoy is Sculptris.
A lot of old timers come and go. I guess we are like a memory lane. Everyone here is friendly, helpful, artistic and motivating. I like the "Challenges"
because they force me to be creative.
Hope you get back into 3D!
There are plenty of people here who would help if you needed it.
:bananathumb:
Steinie
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Dont let go of ! There is one big chance for TS...!
Thats..this here..! Thats Okino polytrans!!!
It also works very well with Daz studio or Bryce which both are free or almost free! Its the swiss army knife! Yes it costs some money but it opens a whole lot of free apps and render engines for you!!!:)
The problem with all the apps nowadays is import and export! Most exporters and importers dont work very well and arent consistent! Polytrans is the way to go here! Its also used by the big studios for im and export!;)
There is a trial! Try it out first! Its the only one that reads and writes Caligari scn files and cob!;)
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Welcome back. I'm really not here, but do let my alternate personality make appearances. Sometimes, I appear to be here, but just nevermind.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Enchanted Mitten checking in.
b_scotty
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by b_scotty »

Well, I've done the first step, and installed something to render with. :) I decided to go with Bforartists, and will spend the next little bit getting familiar with it. I'll try to get tS up and going as well, just for nostalgia's sake :) I likely won't have anything to show beyond studies of primitives for a while, until I get a handle on surfacing and such. it's been a LONG time. But I'm happy to once again dip my toes into the rendering world. 8-)
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

you can join the monthly challange... that could be a good way to practice and get back to game.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

b_scotty wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 21:59 Well, I've done the first step, and installed something to render with. :) I decided to go with Bforartists, and will spend the next little bit getting familiar with it. I'll try to get tS up and going as well, just for nostalgia's sake :) I likely won't have anything to show beyond studies of primitives for a while, until I get a handle on surfacing and such. it's been a LONG time. But I'm happy to once again dip my toes into the rendering world. 8-)
Nice one. Yeah. I sometimes use TS for nostalgia sake or for some retro hipster old school type work for the hell of it.