Short Term Plans

A place where have some extra fun..
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Re: Short Term Plans

Post by spacekdet »

Fixing to light a bonfire and then continue to watch the Burning Man livestream.
#CampEnvy

Working on USAF Museum/eclipse photos in the meantime.
Took too many and yet somehow not enough photos.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Y'all are freezing up there? Here's some more camp envy for you Spacekdet and all in that area.
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
Burning man? Aww, now you've got me hooked on watching videos of of hot chicks on hula hoop cam there. I have practical matters to attend to. I'm blaming you if they don't get done.
Last edited by Finis on 10 Jan 2018, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet »

Sure, it's been cold...but it's a dry cold.

Got tix for this show during it's last week: https://www.dia.org/events/church-painters-pilgrimage-0
You know... this guy: https://www.fredericedwinchurch.org/?ps=96
Hoping I picked right day of the 3 day January thaw to make the trek into Detroit.

I'll take the blame... it's a gift.
Last edited by spacekdet on 10 Jan 2018, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add linkage
spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet »

Winter is apparently museum season because this is now on my radar:
https://www.thehenryford.org/current-ev ... ind-pixar/
Fantastic place, albeit a bit pricey; but the Pixar exhibit will be like cream in the coffee.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I still remember the Webster House there! I have some pix from 1972 when I visited it!
I also remember seeing the Mach 1 being assembled at the plant back then! I was a kid if 11 and I secretly sneaked into the parking lot...with all the Mustangs.. and got the shock of my life! I climbed into one of them and a buzz went off!
It was the safety belt alarm ....! Most cars didnt even have safety belts back then....other then the waist type junk.... but this was modern stuff and I didnt even know safety belt alarms existed .....!😂😂😂😉😉😉
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Tonight at 8:30pm local time I will celebrate Human Achievement Hour. I will revel in the prosperity, health, freedom, happiness, and opportunity brought by knowledge, technology, limited government, the rights of the individual and his power over his own life, capitalism, meritocracy, and many other achievements. I will be glad that my life is not the short brutal one of olden days. I will be aware that the hardships of old times made us strong and that we must find and keep that strength in ourselves if we will continue to earn these marvels. I hope that all people earn these things.

I will celebrate abundant energy by turning on all of my lights and be happy some of that comes from nuclear power. Perhaps I will idle my truck. If my gas line was repaired I would turn on the heater. I will eat genetically engineered food. I will look where my smallpox vaccination scar was and be glad that such diseases are forgotten. I am thankful that I have lived more than twice the life expectancy of someone two thousand years ago yet, not broken by toil and ruined by disease, I have the health of youth ... and it is not rare to live three times the life of those days. I am never hungry or lacking any necessity and have luxuries such as a computer, internet access, a truck, and free time though I am poor compared to other Americans. All these wonders and more.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

In case you want to know what I did? I turned off the lights as solidarity to those who care for enviroment...! I was glad to live in a free world where politics were made by politicians and not by far off racist people who leave no doubt that they would destroy the world if we would let them.. just for fun and the sake of it! For a free world in which corporates including social media do NOT influance who is the leader of the western world! A FREE WORLD! ;)
I tuned off the lights to get democracy back! ;)
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

Well I now will turn off my power to my home and..................
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

I will keep my power as usuall :D
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

We will pull the plug of your nuke power plant!😉😂😂😂😂😂