Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Post by RAYMAN »

You know Finis! I like free and its sometimes realy cool...but sometimes spending 25 bucks can save yourself a lot of time!!!!!
I bought myself 2 pretty easy video converters and they do real magic and are pretty easy to use!
One bonus of those is that i can record tutorials from the screen and that comes right out of the box!
A very good set of video tools comes from Magix!
They are powerfull and wont break the bank!

My converter is from avanquest ie!
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

this is awsome...and veryeasy to use !
https://www.wondershare.net/pro/video-c ... 7Qodx58DFg
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Thanks Rayman. Those all look like good products. You are right about spending some to get good stuff. Free stuff, with some exceptions, is often inferior, unsafe, unstable, not maintained, and so on. Just a few DVD's to make though so no spending money this time. I got Any Video Converter and it worked well.

I got Hitfilm Express and tried it. For my simple video editing needs it is great. Also it is a compositor and has much more ability so there is room to grow. Thanks for recommending it V3rd3.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

What uninterruptible power supplies do you all use? Is this one good? http://www.microcenter.com/product/3198 ... Protection
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I dont use any at all! I use the laptop when I go out of the city.. and inside the city a dont use one because I dont need one! We dont have very high alternates in our power supply! I do saving the files very often.. so I normally dont lose work! Greetings Peter
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

For the price I get 3 months of substance live subscription! If I stop after 12 months I even own a copy..and thats the best texture editor there is apart from the painter mari! ;)
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Cyberpower is a good brand ... I use APC by Schneider electric... https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 6842101393

I have an earlier model of this one I bought about 8 years ago and it still runs great and I have had no need to change the batteries.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Rayman Electric power is mostly stable here but storms occasionally cause a blackout. My computer doesn't like power cut off's. Uncommon but has caused problems more than once. Power cut off is usually intentional due to system lock up, no ability to shut down, but avoiding black outs with a ups would be nice. Substance painter looks great but I'll use Sculptris since it is free and I need cheap stuff. Mari! I like Foundry products like Modo. They have a feel of quality and thoughtful engineering but far out of price range for me.

@V3rd3 I might get a CyberPower then. What about wattage? At full throttle, gadgets maxed like during a render, I think my computer would use considerably more than the 330w provided by the ups I linked to.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Who are the independent or hobbyist film makers who are or were on this forum? There's Frank Ladner, Seppgirty, and ...
Last edited by Finis on 14 Dec 2017, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I thought I might get myself some computer stuff for Christmas. A UPS, a liquid cpu cooler, or another video card for rendering. The cpu stays cool enough. I expected the gtx 10 series cards to go down in price but they have increased. I might have added another gtx1060 or sold mine and bought a 1070 but a 1060 now cost about $80 more than mine did.

I'm studying Joomla and I intend to remake my websites with it.