Workspace Can Not scale

Technical questions, etc..
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Workspace Can Not scale

Post by FHembree »

This is probably something I have done but I can not figure out whats wrong. I add an object such as the cylinder as shown and then select the top
face. I can not scale it, but I can move it ok. This seems to be true for all objects and I don't know why. the X,Y and Z lock are NOT on and as I say
I can move face in x,y or z plane, I just cannot scale it. I reinstalled truespace 7.61, but that didn't help. For now I'm working around this
problem but its a pain. This is strange :shock:
Attachments
Can-not-Scale.png
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: Workspace Can Not scale

Post by FHembree »

I got it fixed by deleting the "default.ctx" file.
I think problem may have been related to the desktop panel ( see image below). I was experimenting trying to find a file and I was loading everything one by one
from the Rs Main Libraries. I noticed the desktop panel is different in the standalone version from the one I had in the full version. I don't remember my full
version having that particular desktop panel. Also don't know how I loaded that desktop as there is no desktop item shown in the Rs Main Libraries. At least that's my guess
as to what my have created the problem. When I deleted the "default.ctx" file, then the desktop panel again matches the standalone version.
Attachments
Full-and-StandaloneDesktops1.png
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

I think widgets are the problem. I have a note on my blog bugs section, http://clintons3d.com/wp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Unproven Theory: If widgets in workspace start misbehaving use the scene view and go to Widgets -> Active Widgets Layer 2 and remove the last widget in the list"

It's a rare problem so not 100% sure this fixes it.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Yeah, I had odd behaviour from widgets and deleting that last node, or the repeated Layer 2 widget fixed things. Also, deleting the default.ctx will fix almost all if not most of all problems.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Draise wrote: deleting the default.ctx will fix almost all if not most of all problems.
It didn't fix my male pattern baldness.
Who do I speak to about this?
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

hehehehehe :P