YafaRay4tS version 0.7.5

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: YafaRay4tS version 0.7.5

Post by FHembree »

I don't know how to add a new panel from the toolbar. I have tried all of the options but can't find the right one. See attached image.
The insert option is grayed out.
Attachments
toolbar.jpg
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

FHembree wrote:I have determined that the faceted result occurs if I am processing using C:\yafaray\bin\yafaray-xml.exe : (this is the v1.5 64 bit)
version of yafaray. If I process using c:\program files (x86)\yafaray\yafaray-xml.exe it renders smooth: (this is ver 0.1.1-win32)

I think if I were to install the yafaray4tSv076 it will fix this but I did not want to use this as I think you said it is a work in progress.
I believe this because the facets did not occur in the standalone version that I had installed 076, which I deleted so I could start with a fresh install.
Well that explains it, I thought you were still using yafaray01.1 with YafaRay4tS075, like you said.

Do you have the yafaRay4tS toolbar installed?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.05 KiB) Viewed 14843 times
Both the YafaRay4tS Settings and Export/Render icons loads a YafaRay4tS panel into the scene if it not present.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

trueBlue wrote:
FHembree wrote:I have determined that the faceted result occurs if I am processing using C:\yafaray\bin\yafaray-xml.exe : (this is the v1.5 64 bit)
version of yafaray. If I process using c:\program files (x86)\yafaray\yafaray-xml.exe it renders smooth: (this is ver 0.1.1-win32)

I think if I were to install the yafaray4tSv076 it will fix this but I did not want to use this as I think you said it is a work in progress.
I believe this because the facets did not occur in the standalone version that I had installed 076, which I deleted so I could start with a fresh install.
Well that explains it, I thought you were still using yafaray01.1 with YafaRay4tS075, like you said.

Do you have the yafaRay4tS toolbar installed?
Capture.PNG
Both the YafaRay4tS Settings and Export/Render icons loads a YafaRay4tS panel into the scene if it not present.

Ok, I decided to update to YafaRay4tSv076. When I did that I was able to add multilple panels from the toolbar.
I think I've got it now. Thanks :worship:
MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by MikomDude »

I figured I'd give this a try as well. You guys could use some better organization for your download files and especially while stating which version of YafaRay4tS can be used with which version of YafaRay.

Can't say I got anywhere though. After installing the plugin, Yafaray 1.5 and the fix for Yafaray v1.5 I still couldn't get it to render. It's simply a blank panel. I made sure I created a new scene with only the YafaRay4tS materials and lights.

After that I tried the older versions, v.1.1 and v1.2 Beta, still got stuck on that very same problem.

Any idea what it might be?
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I would be willing to help you but need more information from you.
I would first start by making sure you install YafaRay correctly by reading the installing instructions @ http://www.yafaray.org/node/210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Make sure you have the correct Python version installed.
If you are going to install more then one version of YafaRay, I would recommend naming your install folder with it's version information, like YafaRay015 or YafaRay012Beta2 to better help you when you enter your Install path into YafaRay4tS's Setup as shown here:
Capture.PNG
It's important to understand that YafaRay4tS installs 2 YafaRay4tS panels into trueSpace761. One in your current scene and one in System/YafaRay Folder. The one in the System/YafaRay Folder is used for adding to any scene from the YafaRay4tS toolbar. The one in the scene is used to Export/Render with your settings and is saved with your scene. As mentioned in the instructions you should select the Save Settings button after you enter the path to the YafaRay version you want to render with.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

MikomDude wrote:I figured I'd give this a try as well. You guys could use some better organization for your download files and especially while stating which version of YafaRay4tS can be used with which version of YafaRay.

Can't say I got anywhere though. After installing the plugin, Yafaray 1.5 and the fix for Yafaray v1.5 I still couldn't get it to render. It's simply a blank panel. I made sure I created a new scene with only the YafaRay4tS materials and lights.

After that I tried the older versions, v.1.1 and v1.2 Beta, still got stuck on that very same problem.

After fooling with Yafaray for truespace and the trying to get it to work with yafaray 1.5 64 bit version
I decided to make my self a cookbook of instructions on how I installed it (In case I need to install again later
on, as I have found my memory isn't all that great).
Note that the install directory for yafaRay needs to be C:\yafaray as this is where the registry key points to that is created in step 8.

Hope this will help

I made some comparasions and found that yafaray 1.5 64 bit versions processes about 30percent faster.
I decided to also install a new standalone version of truespace so that it will not effect my current installation
of truespace, and this iinstall only uses about 300 megabytes.

Cookbook install instructions are attached in 3 images ( couldn't load pdf).
Attachments
Page-01.jpg
Page-02.jpg
Page-03.jpg
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

FHembree wrote:
MikomDude wrote:I figured I'd give this a try as well. You guys could use some better organization for your download files and especially while stating which version of YafaRay4tS can be used with which version of YafaRay.

After fooling with Yafaray for truespace and the trying to get it to work with yafaray 1.5 64 bit version
I decided to make my self a cookbook of instructions on how I installed it (In case I need to install again later
on, as I have found my memory isn't all that great).
Note that the install directory for yafaRay needs to be C:\yafaray as this is where the registry key points to that is created in step 8.

Hope this will help

I made some comparasions and found that yafaray 1.5 64 bit versions processes about 30percent faster.
I decided to also install a new standalone version of truespace so that it will not effect my current installation
of truespace, and this iinstall only uses about 300 megabytes.

Cookbook install instructions are attached in 3 images ( couldn't load pdf).
Looks good. I didn't know about the "merge" in the context menu. I just double clicked the file. I think when we make an installer we should make the yafaray exe selection part of the process so it doesn't have to be set twice, once in the setup and once in the "make reg" script.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote:
The attachment yaf015scripts.jpg is no longer available
Here's an image of the 2 utility scripts used for YafaRay 0.1.5

It shows the settings I used to setup the registry file for 32 bit windows and 32 bit yafaray.

The reg file that is generated from it

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\YafaRay Team]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\YafaRay Team\YafaRay]
"InstallDir"="D:\\9743_yafaray-win32\\yafaray\\bin"
"BlenderExporterPath"="c:\\temp"
64 bit windows and 32bit yafaray registry file looks like this:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\YafaRay Team]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\YafaRay Team\YafaRay]
"InstallDir"="D:\\9743_yafaray-win32\\yafaray\\bin"
"BlenderExporterPath"="c:\\temp"
@Clinton" I noticed in the Registry for the YafRay Team/YafRay that the BlenderExporterPath is different then the above. Not sure if this would be an issue for a Blender user using YafaRay version 015. Thinking it would better to keep it the same? YafaRay4tS could use the Temp folder.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.39 KiB) Viewed 14757 times
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I don't think Blender/Yafaray 1.5 reads the registry unless you use the export to xml option and that just reads the install path. Maybe that's why there's no windows installer for it, because it renders in Blender without it. Bottom line is we can make it match.

BTW on my system it says "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts" and I don't even have a Blender Foundation folder. Maybe that happens when you install Blender. I always get the zip version so there is no installation on my system.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Okay cool!
Edit: Changing that key to match caused YafaRay to crash. I changed it back the way you had it in your Reg Edit script.