clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

My Condo

Post by clintonman »

condoLW03.jpg
condo.jpg
condo5.jpg
This is where I live. I decided to revisit and finish an old project that was started in Lightwave. The first image shows the progress from way back in 2007. I transferred the scene to truespace via collada and gave everything a pink/purple indigo scene based color material. Just a crazy color to be sure everything was covered. I took a look at the light bulbs and downloaded ies files from the GE lighting website. The first render attempt failed because indigo didn't recognize the ies file. It was the -1 in the first line of numbers causing the problem. IES spec says -1 is ok but indigo wants some lumen value. So I took the rated lumens value from what looks like the comments section and replaced the -1 with 755 and it worked. In the last image I start replacing the crazy pink with more generic colors. Next I plan to continue replacing the colors and model some bevels/chamfers so the corners aren't so sharp. i also started taking pictures for texture maps later. My ultimate goal is to make it look like the real thing. I'll post a photo of that when I'm closer and after I clean up around here. It's more than a little bit messy. :)

portion of the ies file:

Code: Select all

[_CANDELA-MULTIPLIER] 1
[_RATED-LUMENS] 755
[_RATED-LIFE] 2000
[_BEAM-ANGLE]
[_DETAILS] 
[_FILE-UPDATED] JAN06
[OTHER] TEST DATE 9-7-1995
TILT=NONE
1 -1 1.0 29 1 1 1 0 0 0
1 1 65
and the fix:

Code: Select all

[_CANDELA-MULTIPLIER] 1
[_RATED-LUMENS] 755
[_RATED-LIFE] 2000
[_BEAM-ANGLE]
[_DETAILS] 
[_FILE-UPDATED] JAN06
[OTHER] TEST DATE 9-7-1995
TILT=NONE
1 755 1.0 29 1 1 1 0 0 0
1 1 65
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
jamesmc
Captain

Re: My Condo

Post by jamesmc »

Very nice Clintonman!

Now make a scene where all the action happens - The writing of plug-ins and scripts. :)
Walk by faith, not by sight.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

jamesmc wrote:Very nice Clintonman!

Now make a scene where all the action happens - The writing of plug-ins and scripts. :)
condo11.jpg
I think you jinxed me. Feels like I spent the weekend fixing script and plugin errors.
Not too much done for this update. Used textures for the floors and refined the refrigerator a little bit. The kitchen turned out ok, but the carpet is tiling so next time I'll take a bigger picture of the carpet. The one used was a very small zoomed in portion.
Clinton Reese

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Looking really nice! Very cozy! Do you live there with someone?
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Why is your stove so tall?
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Draise wrote:Looking really nice! Very cozy! Do you live there with someone?
I'm pretty sure there are the requisite lounge lizards and chia pets.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Steinie wrote:Why is your stove so tall?
It's just a big box right now. The size includes the control panel in back, making it tall looking.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Draise wrote:Looking really nice! Very cozy! Do you live there with someone?
See the white box on the left? That's a fish tank. The only other living things are maybe a few spiders here and there.
Clinton Reese

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Good so far. How much detail will there be? Will you model the various small objects in the room? Sometimes interior/architectural images are realistic except that there is so little stuff in the rooms. How about a grunge version later? Then you won't have to clean up for a photo.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Finis wrote:Good so far. How much detail will there be? Will you model the various small objects in the room? Sometimes interior/architectural images are realistic except that there is so little stuff in the rooms. How about a grunge version later? Then you won't have to clean up for a photo.
I do plan to have some things around and about. I'm not going for the arch-viz super clean look especially since my goal is to see how close I can get to reality. As far as post-apocalyptic grunge look I'll take it under advisement. ;)
BTW, the last sentence of yours did make me laugh.
Clinton Reese