DXStudio Pro now FREEware

Game Engines, Projects and more
Math Path
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: DXStudio Pro now FREEware

Post by Math Path »

Hey BNG,
Thank you for quoting my article in their wiki about import of x-files. :) Indeed it's not complete list of possibilities to achieve this. It's just the option that worked for me completely flawless even for animated character models. Unfortunately the quote, you were kind to provide, doesn't contain images in text. For those who are interested here is the link to this article.
http://www.dxstudio.com/guide_content.a ... 38fc7bb2c2

@MikomDude:
You put a nice futuristic scene together. Well done work with Mars-feeling :)

My personal opinion about DX Studio is a well designed and easy to use engine for rapid development of games and another 3D applications. However there are some serious problems with the future of the software. Giving it for free was the attempt to gain more interest for the product while the development should be founded on the base of side projects not related to DX Studio directly. This lead in short time to kinda impasse. Due to the lack of updates, bug fixes and not clearly defined road map for further development two last years didn't result in any progress. Another problem is partially lacking or not up to date documentation. The community with many skilled developers just disappeared. That reduced interest in the product in return. That what you can observe today is best described as "no demand, no progress". Today their forums looks rather like an abandoned place. It is almost impossible for new users to get information they need for first footsteps. But anyway developers are still there and provide some help. Although if you ask, when is some progress supposed to take the place, you will hear always the same answer: soon! I hear this since two years...
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: DXStudio Pro now FREEware

Post by Draise »

Thanks Math Path! I loved your tutorial that I put it into my blog. I hope you don't mind!

Very cool. I'll also promote your software in my blog, being freeware and also realtime.