Maintain front page

froo
Captain

Re: Maintain front page

Post by froo »

Here's a quick briefing:
Draise and v3rd3 have been discussing backing up the site: front page, other pages, and forums.
They also need ftp access in order to upload Joomla templates. They need the proper access rights in order to accomplish this. I did not request these sooner because I thought they already had the permissions and were learning how to accomplish their tasks. The first order of business is ensuring the site is backed up so we don't blow it out of the water. Once that is done, then we can proceed with new Joomla templates for an improved U3DA website. And certainly :) , we will mention what we will be adding, and request feedback, here on the forums. After all, this site is for all of us. :bananacheers:
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Thanks Froo. That's is exactly what I meant. Just updates like that. Not a bunch of detail, not cluttering the forum with the whole procedure, not creating huge discussion threads here about all the details (folks, please do join the Huddle thing if you want to do that). Just a brief news article when there's something to tell and a little feedback from non-huddlers.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

Sounds good, should we put the updates in the "Important Updates" threads?
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Cool Finis.
Sounds good Draise.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I have been very busy with real life issues taking up my time however I have been monitoring the discussions so far.
Here are my random thoughts.
I think an invite should go to Tiles also. He has a lot of knowledge about this site that can help us in the future.
A major backup of this site needs to be done.
All future changes may effect what we have today. This site has gone down a couple times over the years.
We are using an older platform here and if we update there is a strong chance the UI used today may be broken.
Someone please ask Prodigy for Administration rights so that we can backup this forum BEFORE any changes can take place. This one has to take place first! Please let me know who he allows.
Try to get involved with Huddle this weekend if possible.
Tiles
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tiles »

I think an invite should go to Tiles also. He has a lot of knowledge about this site that can help us in the future.
Thanks for thinking about me Steinie. But i have even dropped a long year admin position a while ago because i simply miss the energy for such things at the moment. My health makes trouble. And to bring this page here to an up to date level needs lots of work and energy from what i can see. And it`s not done with bringing it up to date once. You need to maintain it in a long term too. I fear i am not the right guy for such a job anymore, sorry. Which doesn`t mean that you couldn`t ask when you have a question.
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http://reinerstilesets.de
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

I emailed Prodigy yesterday.
Hang in there Tiles! :bananacheers:
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

V3rd3 and Draise posted some very good comments on a mission statement / list of objectives. So, I am going to take a crack at consolidating their info into a Mission Statement.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

UPDATE:
I made a rough draft of the new mission statement. We are currently reviewing it. When we have it polished we will post it here at the forums for everyone's review, comments, feedback, etc.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Prodigy offered his feedback on the direction of the site today. I will add some line items to the mission statement based on his thoughts.