Deep Space Doris launched into iSpace!

splinters
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Deep Space Doris launched into iSpace!

Post by splinters »

For those of you who remember the old Cali Forums, you may recall Deep Space Doris: the worlds oldest astronaut...pretty much how I feel.
But I digress. After 10 years or more I finally made a book from it. Its a 70 page illustrated book for older kids and my biggest yet. I am so happy to have committed to this and made something other than a few concept images.
Its here: http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/deep- ... g/18960340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but has been submitted to iBooks and the Nook Store.

Not trying to sell it, just wanted to share the news within a group where most might appreciate the work that goes into making something like this using trueSpace.
:D
I also started a page on Facebook to promote it:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deep-Spac ... 7153544523" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jamesmc
Captain

Re: Deep Space Doris launched into iSpace!

Post by jamesmc »

hooyah!

Got my order in, downloaded and read to read on the old acrobat reader!

I skimmed through and found Doris standing in the rain on Bingo night! I thought we resolved this issue!
(taps foots)

Okay, well it looks like a grand presentation and I'm a proud subscriber to Doris the 'book' er.. Doris the 'EBook' er 'Doris the Deep Space Explorer!'

Thank you sir! You are a scholar and a gentleman (not necessarily in that order.)

:bananamouse:
Walk by faith, not by sight.
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

its always raining... :D
Can't tell if you are joking James, did you actually buy the ebook on a PC? If you did, many thanks. I only really envisaged it selling on tablets or as part of the web experience. Would be interested to hear how it looks/reads on other devices.
Oh, there is a sample of the book to download for free but its about 10% of the whole books. Still, its free.
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

splinters wrote:its always raining... :D
Can't tell if you are joking James, did you actually buy the ebook on a PC? If you did, many thanks. I only really envisaged it selling on tablets or as part of the web experience. Would be interested to hear how it looks/reads on other devices.
Oh, there is a sample of the book to download for free but its about 10% of the whole books. Still, its free.
Yup, I purchased the book for my PC. I have a cell phone, but its so old it has a battery supply with wheels!

My grandchldren come to visit so I will let them read it as a reward for good behavior. :mrgreen:

Of course, I like to read the storyline and look at the images you skillfully crafted through the years. I may allow my mother to read it as she's an artist in the 'china painting' world - only if she behaves herself though. :bananamad:

I'm very happy you got Doris out their first, she deserves it!

Thank you for sharing your talents. :worship:
Walk by faith, not by sight.
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Thank you James, your trust in me will be rewarded. Drop me an email to info@buddyworldbooks.com and I will sort you out an online pass so the kids can read all the books and play the interactive games as much as they want for the next 6 months... :D
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Congratulations Paul... well done. :bananamad:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Congratulations!
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Cogratulations Paul !
Doris is cool ! :bananathumb:
Glad to see you back on this board again !
Peter
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Best wishes Paul from us all, and I think we all are in agreement when I say that I hope that it sells a ton of copied. Greetings to all TBW. Leroy.
Délé
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Délé »

Weird, it looks like my reply didn't post yesterday. :?

Anyway... Congrats Paul! It looks like quite an accomplishment!

I would like to share this with my friends that have kids. What would you say is the target age group for Deep Space Doris?
-Délé
http://www.GrokShockStudios.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;