Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Maintain front page

Post by stan »

is truespaceplugins.com dead now?
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

I'll check with Jack. There has been no activity there for some time so maybe that's why.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by jeffroig »

Steinie wrote:Tiles assisted in fixing the log in problem with spammers. The Main welcoming page wasn't touched by Tiles at all. The Main Page was designed and maintained using Joomla. I believe only Prodigy and I have access to it. (I'm not sure about that one)

I stand corrected because Fro did mention back in October about putting the winner's entry from the SMC and MMC on the Main Page.

FYI
For this forum I have Administration rights but I had told Prodigy to water them down because I could do more harm then good. Prodigy has full Administration rights. There are others with rights to help maintain this forum. I have full control over our Web Hosting which will need to be taken over by a volunteer.
I am all for making this place better. So your questions are welcome.
Steinie I think that all you have done for this forum has been great and you have brought alot here that was not before.
You made a statement that I have a question on, you said you have full control over the web hosting and will need a volunteer to take over.
QUESTION: does this mean you are stepping down or that you dont have as much time as you did before?
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

trueBlue wrote:Might want to fix this link too!
Just as a note, I was able to login to the site with my Admin username and password there. Sorry not much has been posted there for quite some time; too much stuff has gotten in the way.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

I recieved an email with regards to your post, but still not able to login.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Jack said the site was hacked and sending out spam. He is not sure when he will have time to work on it. I offered to help in any way I can.
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

jeffroig wrote: Steinie I think that all you have done for this forum has been great and you have brought alot here that was not before.
You made a statement that I have a question on, you said you have full control over the web hosting and will need a volunteer to take over.
QUESTION: does this mean you are stepping down or that you dont have as much time as you did before?
I will need someone to take over the financial duties with a Host. You would be responsible with payment due (7/7/2014) by taking collections from
all of us. (the current users). You might chose to use another Web Hosting Service or your own. You would work closely with Prodigy maintaining the site, keeping
Spammers away etc. I do not plan on leaving but feel that the burden should be shared by everyone.
The first year Prodigy paid for everything but it was not a reliable service. We switched to HostGator and 22 people donated money to pay for one year. Then HostGator had a deal for three more years and a private donor paid for that. My records show that we have paid $454.04. This does not include what Prodigy pays for the Domain Name. "United3DArtists.com" (or the screw-up I made by buying "United3DArtist.com"...anyone want to buy this one from me.... :bananadevil: )
Maybe someone already has a Hosting Service and this site can be transferred over? We have lots of time but if it doesn't happen this forum will go dead. Something I don't want to happen.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Steinie, is that $454.04 for 3 years? If so that would work out to $151.35 per year (Not including the domain name cost). Thanks!
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

Froo,
No that would be 4 years. The 3 years was a special price if we paid in advance.
One year was $171.84 and the next 3 years special was 282.20