Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
froo
Captain

Re: Vray Standalone for Truespace - Project.

Post by froo »

Very Cool stan! Please keep goin! That last hair shot looks like the 'Memorex' commercial
with the guy getting his hair blown back by the sound! :bananacheers: :bananadrum: :bananaclaus:
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

Stan, i'm on msn.. can you contact me?
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

Here is an old vray for ts7.0 scene, slightly altered done with the vray standalone. I added glass to the openings and have vray sun/sky in both.There is just default white diffuse material on much of the scene, (my script can't yet read vray for ts material so sets them as white) except for some darktree woods. The glass in mid air is causing the caustics in one scene, which also had GI. There is irradiance map using medium preset with photon map second bounce in that one. Not a big difference in the two scene renders, other that the caustics and GI one took longer to render.

:bananaguitar:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Stan,
this is awesome dude. You're making great strides in your VRay script development.
Cool pics! :worship:
stan

Post by stan »

Thanks Jason :D I got area render working from widget data. Too bad it doesn't render on your workspace. Here's my first successful area render matching the workspace scene!!

:bananaguitar:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Sweet! You're rockin it out dude! Keep it up!
stan

Post by stan »

I wanted to see how one of my largest ts 6.6 scenes would render..found afew bad mesh as everything is nurbs,although not many. Scene has 1024 mesh objects 1608576 faces. There are many flipped faced like the seat object, but I wasn't into repairing them at this point. There was a bad mesh in rear lights that caused an error so I didn't show them.
took about 20 mins to gather the vrscene files and 2 mins to render..everything is default white. :bananaguitar:

Also have been upgrading the material editor preview. It runs faster from a rsx but
I am trying to get a notifyevent::getvalue to do what I want but scrubbers cause problems and changing objects the scanner doesnt link to new material values as it should yet.. :P
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Sweeeeet! :bananadrum: :bananacheers: :bananaguitar:
stan

Post by stan »

Augusto here is the method to setup vray standalone in images.
As you now know the script can't install with a link to desktop folder as an address it must be in your directory C: or elsewhere. It doesn't work with the workspace standalone version.
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

Thanks Stan
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑