thats why i have not posted much work lately .the apps what i have
i understand and can work well with about 80% and still learnig
sorry for my posts about the different software
Ralph
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: What are you doing?

Post by RAYMAN »

marcel wrote:Hardware and software does not replace the motivation and inspiration. They just save time. Finally, many ongoing projects. Hopefully we'll see soon the progress of these projects. :) :bananacheers:
What the benefit of motivation and inspiration if you work on a computer and that opens the windows internet explorer in half a minute......
thats frustrating... ;)
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by nigec »

I had a computer that was 100 % full and was slow like a snail and that even had impact on my professional work.
I have about 35% free space out of 250GB, the fans go crazy even browsing the internet, its starting to do what my old PC did after the Daimler bike I did for the last Cali MMC, stuff not closing properly and hanging in memory, old scenes wont load with big textures.. a better PC is long over due.
Its done 3 years of hard work so I can't complain, it was never an ideal modeling/render pc.

Its a shame more people don't post images or enter the contests, looking back somethings I've entered were awful but I learnt a lot from it and feedback good and bad is very helpful, I like it when someone says "its ok/crap, but if you do this......"
I owe a lot to the Cali forum and here :worship:
3dfrog
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by 3dfrog »

I been reworking my monster:

And working on a 2d bear animation.
bearsketch4.jpg
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

marcel wrote: ... I do not see many comments on real projects and achievements. I feel like I live in a world of students with no real purpose and I have no age for that ...
Steinie wrote: Sometimes I feel like this site has become text driven ... never shows ANYTHING they are doing ... It is disheartening ...
You're right - both of you - I appreciate any examples of arts too. Also should consider my age too (got a bit more on my senior back) and start through right ahead only with arts for myself only and should stop bothering about that technical garbage. Everything else is consuming too much time, which is not left. In real, I shouldn't have any technical problems myself ... so,

I'm finding now quite some fellows here are trying to excuse their successful failing in creating arts up to now, more or less - but I say no, YOU ARE OK! Don't let you be disheartened by anything - there will come time of success & there's really someone else to be excused.

-BM.
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by nigec »

I'm finding now quite some fellows here are trying to excuse their successful failing in creating arts up to now, more or less - but I say no, YOU ARE OK! Don't let you be disheartened by anything - there will come time of success & there's really someone else to be excused.
Its very easy to get judgemental about your own work to the point you don't share, 90% of the Thea renders I do never end up on the Thea forum. In the last three years I've only done three pictures I'm proud about, even then I pick fault with them :roll:
I think a lot of people get into the trap of looking for software that will do the work for them, waste weeks and months trying to do something they can already do in TS or whatever then end up back where they started, something I'm very guilty of :oops:
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

let's see.
I want to finish the Magic 8 Ball scene I started working on, in trueSpace.
I want to create a 'lightning' plugin for tS.
I have a folder containing script/animation ideas I want to pursue.
The latest involves a stressed-out 'bard' auditioning current day actors/celebrities
for his latest script, 'Hammer'. But, something is not quite right about the title...
he can't quite pinpoint it though. We see what happens as the story unfolds.
Another animation is dedicated to one of our kitties who passed away a few years
ago. He had a strong affection for something on the Christmas tree and always
looked so upset when we put the tree away.
So. Once we move, I'll learn the new rigging/animation package I purchased and proceed.

:bananacheers:
marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

RAYMAN wrote:What the benefit of motivation and inspiration if you work on a computer and that opens the windows internet explorer in half a minute......
thats frustrating... ;)
We must not exaggerate it anyway, are not asked to work with a flint stone. There are limits. :lol:
Against what is by having a super computer without motivation and inspiration? ;)
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

marcel wrote:
RAYMAN wrote:What the benefit of motivation and inspiration if you work on a computer and that opens the windows internet explorer in half a minute......
thats frustrating... ;)
We must not exaggerate it anyway, are not asked to work with a flint stone. There are limits. :lol:
Against what is by having a super computer without motivation and inspiration? ;)
I´m not lacking motivation and inspiration.I´m working evryday and earning money.....
My greatest concern at the moment is hardware.
The factory where I get my tools from has almost been swept away by the
tsunami and was closed down for unlimited time(Nikon factory in Sendai).. i´m running a business
and need to take care of the backups that I will need for some time to come.
There wont be any spare parts coming from there for a long time.
The mmc and the smc here and the work in progress thread here are of
less priority at the moment.......
I am also updating to something I can use for some time in the computer world
i also have some family related health trouble and need to take care of a relative 24h of the day.....
apart from that we are working on a project and need to devote a lot of time for that.....
no ideas and motivation are not a problem at the moment.....
Peter
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

High Five, fellow 24 hour caregiver!

Just passed my 14 year 'anniversary' of doing it.

Best job I ever had.