Another future artist coming

BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Another future artist coming

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hi Marcel, I only found this funny. No critisism at all, nor targeted against you. If it came across as such, I'm very sorry. The only reason to pick this up was you were talking of fun yourself just one sentence above and I thought this is a good example for the situation you all were talking about extensivly over a couple of pages before I stepped in: In common - Everybody is understanding what you wanted to say, 'cause everybody is willing to communicate with each other, well knowing that it is difficult to write in another language. So the language fades into the background, it is only a tool - which tool you're using is up to you. Everybody can choose freely between the tools she or he wants to learn. BTW I'll be happy if someone gives me a note, if I've written mistakes - I'm still learning.

Kind Regards
-BM.
marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

No problem BM. when we start to understand what is funny in a language, we begin to understand how it works. Humor is universal as art, music, maths... and help to learn. ;)
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

:mrgreen:
ranger0101
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by ranger0101 »

Wow... :) What a family this fourm is ..

This is the most exilerating thread I've read on this site yet... Up down happy mad hurt angry sad apoligetic imbareassed
and in the end still friends... still family... I tell ya... This place is more like home every day...
And I think that's a very good thing... .. . :bananalove:

Cheerrs
ranger0101
In order to Create Art... You must first learn to See...
My Website http://www.theartoftimkoons.yolasite.com
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I agree Ranger0101!

The people who gathered in the Caligari forum are a great bunch of people. TS is good but is it these people that made the Caligari forums such a good place.

This forum will keep this group together even if or when we are using other software. So it will be great here too!
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
noko
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by noko »

Prodigy wrote:That reminds me something guys!

What you think to create a section for other languages??
Well, since site is called United3dArtists and all artist don't necessarily speak one language I say, why not? Now implimenting in forums maybe the real issue. Maybe some sharing of contest results (as in SMC is actually one contest between everyone, no matter the language and someone in each language zone can or will translate results, methods and info to the other.) This would make it more inclusive to folks that speak one language besides English. Wished shared space had a built in translator, as in one speaks one language will be automatically imterpreted to client language, wishful thinking only now.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Besides we really don't have a choice about being multi-lingual... C++, Python and LE Script..... :D
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I think automatic translation would work perfectly. Here is evidence. Babel Fish translation from sort of English to Russian and then back to English.

Well sh*t fire! You better straighten up and act right. You want a whipping?
Became:
Good fire of sh*t! You more better straighten upward and you act right. You do want to shake up?

It's more than a good ways. It's a fur piece. Took pretty much all week to get there.
Became:
It' s are greater than good ways. It' the part of the fur A.S. Entire much week accepted sufficiently in order to obtain there.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker