tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

Post by trueBlue »

Okay thanks, I do value your opinion highly!
I have posted the first beta in the first post.
Barring any issues, all I have left is some buttons to finish.
Here is a picture how the Recording toolbars and Scripts show.
As mentioned previously, you can RMB select the jScript & VBScript icons to insert their command object as shown.

And the Reset Default Context has a Question control.
Reset.PNG
Reset.PNG (29.15 KiB) Viewed 19692 times
I might need to change the screen coordinates for the Insert command in the Copy script.
Feedback on this would be appreciated. I am not finding a happy medium, as it changes when you have different size and present location in the active Link Editor.
Attachments
MacroLayout.PNG
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:Okay thanks, I do value your opinion highly!
I have posted the first beta in the first post.
Awesome, I'll have a look this weekend.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Some problems with 3d render in various layouts:
Get blank areas in Default, 4view and Floating
4viewSpaces.jpg
defaultViewSpaces.jpg
floatingViewSpaces.jpg
If you resize the windows the blank areas disappear.

trueSpace6 view looks good but can't switch to workspace view "Rendering failed for this window"
4view can switch no problem
Floating switching Model to Workspace get "Rendering failed for this window", switch another window and the failed window works, whatever is the most recently switched window won't change back to workspace
If open a new 3d window in default view or 4view same problem.

If resize the problem window the error disappears and the 3d view displays normally. The truespace6 view if open a new 3d view and switch it then the main view switching works from that point onward.

Windows7, 64bit, 1920x1080, Nvidia GeForce GT 230M, Truespace Win7 Fix
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

•Added RMB command to the Axis tool button which toggles the Axis Widget to not show In Front.

I can only toggle once.

RMB on vbscript and jscript to load a blank command. I like this.

Request: Material Editor Edit DX Material in link editor add RMB to switch LE back to the scene level

"•Changed the LMB command on the Copy icon to include multiple selections and insert the copied objects to any opened Link Editor view at X = 590 and Y = 450. This only works in the Default, trueSpace6, 4View (Front view only), or similar layouts."
I don't think it's a good idea to have this dependent on the layout. Is there a reason you can't just use the Node.Copy command? If you can then it would be easy to select the copies after the copy operation. Edit: Scratch that, I forgot that the multiple selection scripting was fixed after the 76 version.

Code: Select all

//LE.InsertNodeAt('/Project',... 600, 600);
	//LE.InsertNodeAt('/Project,... 600, 600)
	LE.InsertNodeAt('/Project,... 600+i*20, 600+i*20);
	LE.InsertNodeAt('/Project,... 600+i*20, 600+i*20)
  }
I recommend offsetting the copies so they don't stack up in the LE.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Yikes... these layouts work great here on Vista 32.
The previous problem I had with the 4View layout, was resolved by not having my Task bar "Always Show in Front", before saving the layouts.
Can you test saving layouts on a default installation without the patch? And if so does the problems your experiencing still exist?

I'll look at the Axis tool.

I guess I'll have to scratch the LE.InsertAt idea and just make the Copy support multiple selections. This was the only way I could figure out how to offset the copies. Or..... I could add this as a RMB command. What do you think?

Nice idea on the RMB = CurrentScene! I'll add it.

Do you mind if if I add the Snapping.RsObj fix?
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:Yikes... these layouts work great here on Vista 32.
The previous problem I had with the 4View layout, was resolved by not having my Task bar "Always Show in Front", before saving the layouts.
Can you test saving layouts on a default installation without the patch? And if so does the problems your experiencing still exist?

I'll look at the Axis tool.

I guess I'll have to scratch the LE.InsertAt idea and just make the Copy support multiple selections. This was the only way I could figure out how to offset the copies. Or..... I could add this as a RMB command. What do you think?

Nice idea on the RMB = CurrentScene! I'll add it.

Do you mind if if I add the Snapping.RsObj fix?
I did a fresh install of ts76 and that also had problems with changing layouts and the switching from modelspace to workspace. So this looks like a windows7 thing. FYI ts761 does not have this bad behavior in win7.

Could you have the copy script check for the required layout and if it doesn't find it then use Copy in that case? Maybe try to get the best of both worlds.

If you see anything I've done and want to include it then just do it. You have my permission to use anything you like.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Hey Splinters!!!
Scrath the Unencapsulated icon, I addded a RMB command to the Encapsulate 3D icon.
I would like a 'Hide' all selected Objects, Lights, and Cameras icon though, and a 'Show' all selected Objects, Lights, and Cameras icon.
(26x26 inverted)

Thanks for testing Clinton!
That is what I figured on the layout issue although Vista32 has a problem too.
The LE.InsertAt command needs the LE2Node in it's path to work.
What I have found is when you have multiple views open and you add their paths in the script, you'll get duplicate copies of the selected objects in the scene, hence the LE2Node inserts into ONE scene. It is layout dependent though so you could have the path for the Default and 4View layouts (but Only One View). Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the offset copies info, that is and works great, so I added it to the Horizontal coordinates.
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Icons soon.
Just tried the patch and, while loading a rs scene ts froze...twice.
Doesn't want to close down either....Windows 7 64 bit.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I have just updated the first post to include all of the changes and new modifications in the included Beta2 that I uploaded.
Note: The Unencapsulate has changed to a RMB command.
Please read that post for details. TIA

Thanks Splinters!
I suspect that the issues you are experincing is related to tS NOT being supported in Win7, even more so with the 64 bit version. If you can, try and test the same scene without the patch and or if you want to, send me the scene to test on Vista32. I do not have Win7 so I can not help you with that.
noko
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by noko »

Tried Unofficial Update beta 2 on tS 7.61 Beta 8 Std and when unzipping to folder it creates a ts folder (doesn't exist in the standalone version normally) and places all the updated items there. So resetting to default context will not incorporate all the great changes. I just copied the contents to the main directory for 7.61STD and all seems to work fine now. Just a heads up since new commers only can download the std( :P ) version.