Horribly new and lost

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
DabblingDan
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Horribly new and lost

Post by DabblingDan »

I have a long history of starts and stops with TS. I can never really seem to get a handle on it. I started a project back before MS took over in 7.6 (tried a version before that and 4 also, just FYI). When the newest version became available, and appears to be the end of the line for the foreseeable future, I downloaded that one also.
Now I seem to lost my connection to LightWorks Render for the previous version on the model side.
Any thoughts on how to re-establish its use?
I am also attempting to use YafaRay (never got aroung to purchasing Vray anyway) but have had terrible results - no color or textures looks like clay model.
Any suggestions or directions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
robert
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Horribly new and lost

Post by robert »

YafaRay uses a separate texture system from what's built in to tS, check http://www.yafaray4ts.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for some information.
Also for Global Illumination you will need thousands to tens of thousands of samples to get good results.
There are even unique lights which are similar to those in tS, but with YafaRay specific settings.

Jack is the developer for the plugin, I'm sure he could help you a lot more than I could.
If you have specific questions feel free to ask and I'll try to post solutions, and others will as well.
If you see a zukazamme it's probably me.

The thing about finding the truth is you first have to find who's hiding it.

Flow looks good, and it is important.

Logic, mathematics, and science let you see through the grime.
Jack Edwards
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: Horribly new and lost

Post by Jack Edwards »

Nah you've pretty much covered it Robert. ;)

To get the materials to show, you have to use the materials that came with YafaRay4ts. Also for caustic effects you'll need to use a photons setting of around 2,000,000. As in two million. lol, not a typo! :lol:

Definitely check out the Yafaray4ts.org website and let me know if you have any problems.
No booleans were used in the mangling of this message... :?

YafaRay for trueSpace Project

(Current version: v0.7.0)

trueSpacePlugins.com