Mars Mission - Animation Contest 2#

DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Mars Mission - Animation Contest 2#

Post by DesignDevil »

Hi leon...

wow such cool models and also such a lot of detail in it. I want to see it fly :)

Btw my "parachute" is landed now (where - hmm - we will see). I finished part 11 of my animation (from 18) this night.

so keep up the good work and good luck.
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Yes Marcel I saw thanks BTW, I was going to reply that in a few days when I would really use that and find problems...

Thanks DD! Good to know. I'll try to finish at least the launch and maybe use the rest for another animation contest.

8 minutes of work = +1º of fever (38,3ºC).
Attachments
baselaunch_p01.jpg
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

I'm back guys! I'm feeling great (some couches but if I slow down for the first das I'll not get sick again). I finish the platform, I need to do the base details (buildings around the launch platform) and I think that for it I'll need one or two days, then I can start trying the animation!!! :bananacool2:

I think I'll finish a launch at least but if I finish the launch much before the dead line I can start the whole trip because it isn't hard at all, just the landing in mars will be kinda hard as the Earth reentry will be really difficult as the launching.

Here is the platform (sorry in the first image I forgot to texture and I did it on 4x anti aliasing so I don't have time to re-render). I put a lot of lights, it should be a dark gray but looks like a light one because of the lights... I'm still collecting data for the upper face, NASASpaceFlight.com Forum is a great forum for your spacial scientific-based animations, mine isn't totally but I try to keep an closer line.
platform_p01.jpg
Attachments
platform_p02.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I did this tower in the scene/video you will found three of it around the launch pad (a bit far) and it is a little taller than the rocket but since the rocket is on a structure he will be taller than this.
Attachments
tower1_p01.jpg
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Breech Block »

Love all the detail your putting into this and can't wait to see the final animation. :bananacool2:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Good work.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Sorry that I did nothing in the past days but now that you guys have complimented me and plus I saw Avatar again I'll work as crazy tomorrow and still try to do Jeff classes (what will be hard) I'm staying away from the MMC because I know I'll not will I have no chance against those great entries so I'll submit anything, the building is ready just need the garden and little details...

Here is a water tower that is simple, simply because it is like this, but looks fake also because of illumination that I just rapidly do a one for each render and this one didn't get good. Then I'll do the part below the launch pad where the smoke will go and then go to the sides... this is a bit hard because of that I'm staying away from it (but I can do just that will take more time than usual) and with that I don't need to do much more, just some barracks to looks more realistic and a forest (with alpha maps around the base with that I put the sky and can do it!
Attachments
watertower_p01.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Okay I'm now mounting the launch base... just remains some fuel tubes (like pipelines) and barracks. Then I need to pick a sky or create a one and then do a realistic ground with grass and roads.

Here is a render of the base so far, it start looking like a base, so I gotta finish the base then fix the rocket and launch pad. I used adaptive anti aliasing what took almost 15 min to render just this scene and didn't look so good, so I'm starting getting worried about the fact of render the animation, because even if I finish it one day before the deadline the rendering would take more time, I can use two computers to render separated scenes what is kinda good.

Now I'm trying to render in 2x and 3x to see how many time it will took and also will try without antialising to see how bad it looks (terrible).
Attachments
base_p01.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

3x Anti aliasing, high quality, ray cast = appx 25 min
adaptive || || = appx 13 min

So will be hard, and the quality of adaptive isn't that good besides that 3x anti aliasing is perfect so I'll try 2x and 1x to see, also without anti aliasing.

Now I'll rapidly do the tube segment (then is just copy and put in the position) and will play some game... also the scene has 70 mega now and it's hard to work with, so I'll do the tube system deleting the rocket then creating the system saving it as obj and putting in the original scene (since it will be in the right position) and also in some shots I'll use the normal version of the rocket (I'm using the HD version for close shots) what will considerably increase the rendering speed.
Attachments
base_p013x.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I started the pipelines system and will finish it tomorrow...
Tomorrow will be a big day of tests, I'll test render times, finish the pipelines, test smoke, do the terrain (roads, grass, forests, elevations, etc) and then finish the details. Probably it will need 2 days, but I'll try to do everything tomorrow.
I know the pipeline in the pic is ''broke'' but it's because a road go by that way (strange they build a road through a pipeline and it make pipeline ends). :roll:
Attachments
pipelines_p01.jpg