The Legend of Tommy Rockix and Galactic Crunch

Humdinger
Petty Officer Third Class

The Legend of Tommy Rockix and Galactic Crunch

Post by Humdinger »

Well Kids...big Day Saturday....
:bananacheers:

http://tommyrockix.com/splash.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phone call with our LA contact that is shipping around our screenplay.

So send along all that good mojo!

Been getting some good response, but funny we use the phrase 'as they race across the Galaxy to ...' and seems many people think we meant race -as in race cars / spaceships / contest.

Weird.

PS
Website is being completely re-done ( it is all flash as of now not very user friendly )- new site should be up in a few weeks.

PSS

If you have been following along books have been put on back burner as we focused our efforts and $$$ on pushing the screenplay. Got our US copyright a few months back as well.
richlevy
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: The Legend of Tommy Rockix and Galactic Crunch

Post by richlevy »

Good Luck!

The site is looking pretty cool. It's cool to see many of the familiar characters are still around.

Best of luck!

Rich
My Flickr site, here you can see some of the photography I do:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich-l/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

very nice characters! It would be wonderful to see animation with them. :bananacheers:
Welcome to this forum
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Hi Humdinger! Great news and good to hear from you!
Best of luck with the project! :bananacheers:

Froo
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Awesome Website!

Always enjoyed your characters and it looks like you are giving them a bigger stage.

Looking good!
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Great work Humdinger. Both on the models and images and on the business side of it. I wish you success.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Humdinger

Post by Humdinger »

Thanks all...

the call went very well all things considered.

One issue we always thought would arise was going to be the look and feel of the characters. With that, after the call yesterday - they are all going 'bye bye'.

As much as kids seem to like them some industry people have had some negative comments - though nothing too harsh. :) the word 'creepy' keeps getting tossed around.

Maybe down the road they can be re-exposed - but current plan over next month is to remove all of it.

Our contact thinks we have some serious potential with the story itself - but most producers/studios he has in mind about pitching the screenplay to are very much 'hands on' when creating look and feel.

Which is fine - as long as the story and characters are intact no worries. And they do not turn our lead into a blonde haired blue eyed boy wonder. Nothing against you Aryans... lol ... but some of the character design was very intential on our part, such as NOT giving tommy blonde hair AND blue eyes. They are brown like me...his creator.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Humdinger

Post by Humdinger »

As a good inside joke...

We are reworking the screenplay - as it was just way too long.

So this will be my fourth complete screenplay - too bad they have all been re-writes of the same thing!

LMAO!!

Down from 322 pages and 2 hours 40 minutes - to 170 pages 92 minutes.
Humdinger

Post by Humdinger »

On a unrelated note...

Major PC problems here last week.

If you are using XP - stay away from IE 8 - huge potential security issues in running on an XP OS.

Dell went to the extent of installing an application that will not allow IE 8 to be installed on my PC. Even if I try to - it will not let me till i remove the application downloaded and installed to stop it.

You may also consider dumping IE completely and working with Chrome.

Lastly, forget McAfee - darn thing detected the bug - claimed to have stopped it - but did not.

So bad I had to restore my machine to factory image partition. Twice in last 4 days - after never having to resort to such a thing in over 14 years of having dell PCs and internet access.

Also consider dumping Yahoo free web mail as many..many..many of the banner ads are infected. But..don't get me started on that !

xoxoxxxx
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Great news. Also your experience re-teaches me (reinforces what I've already learned) a business lesson -- for business adapt and be flexible.

I like the look of the characters now although they look a bit strange, not creepy, to me. Strange is good since they are people like, but not the same as, current Earth people.

There is a benefit to the producers designing the look and feel. While you and your team (you have a team?) obviously have the talent to design characters, the producers have much experience and information about what sells and what appeals to various people. By being flexible about the character design you gain the benefit of their knowledge.

Your website is good too.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero