Mars Mission - Animation Contest 2#

theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Mars Mission - Animation Contest 2#

Post by theuns »

kewl! thanks for sharing marcel, i'll give it a bash as well :)
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by theuns »

marcel, where do I get the "glow" material? I'm using tS 7.6 on my side...
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

It's a transparency shader, Marcel shows where you can find it in the previous image ;)
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by theuns »

i saw the screen shot but not how to get to it... but i figured it out, you have to have the 'transparency none' icon selected, then right click on it to get the list of options were Glow is... will post a laser beam I did in the Future Bicycle Race wip I'm busy with (http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 8&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
theuns - tSer since 2000
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Collecting data for start the modeling and texturing of the Crew and Service modules - Orion. Then will start the rocket launcher - Ares I. I'm ok with this step. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help!
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I collected enough data and now I finally started the Orion Crew Module. For some reason I'm quite lazy and almost don't worked on it, I think is because I'm not creating something new, it's because I'm using blueprints and photos to try to copy and it takes my inspiration away.

But I'm stuck now because of two problems, the first is that I haven't enough data to do the small details, and I need to do it because it that gives realism, so I think that I'll need to modify it a little. :(
Other thing is that I need to found some white metal plates that are nailed in the border (nailed like this : Image).

Here is all my progress (I lingered 3-4 days on it, but is just lazy... I could easily do it in 40 continuous minutes): I cannot post image :evil: 500 Internal Error, it just happens when I try to post the image
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I did a good progress finally finishing the crew module (untextured yet) and will start the launch rocket now (mostly because I'm not with the mood for the service module). For some reason the model of the crew can't pass through the bridge, he has something that makes tS crashes when click on model side and I need to pass for render and do the animation!!! So if someone think that can help I put the scene for download.

Finally Images (I couldn't post last time):
crewmodule_p03.jpg
crewmodule_p04.jpg

I really don't know how to do the mission to mars, since they haven't anything to say how they would get there so I need to create or make a mission to Moon, but this already happened... So this would be.
Two Alternatives

1.01 They launch a rocket to go to mars this rocket contains a non-manned module that will make those astronauts get off mars when they arrive (some days later), the principal problem of this is that how could I land something so big and weigh without break it or put it on the wrong position?

2.01 They launch a rocket to go to mars, this rocket contains a non-manned module with resources to build a permanent base there, as plants, pressured cameras, vital systems, etc...

1.02 The astronauts are launched in a Ares IV with the orion crew and service module, and some fuel and a engine for that fuel.

2.02 The astronauts are launched in a Ares IV with the orion crew and a huge fuel and engine tank.

1.03 They get in a supply tank in the Mars orbit where there are food, oxygen and mostly fuel. So they connect the service module to the tank and get those supplies.

2.03 They get in Mars orbit and the crew module disconnect from the fuel and engine huge tank.

1.04 The engine and fuel tank are disconnected also the service module (it stays on orbit), and the crew module are disconnected going in mars direction.

2.04 The crew module lands on Mars successfully and go to the resources landed rocket and start build the base

1.05 Crew module lands on Mars successfully, do their mission (collect rocks, sand materials, put and UN flag and something with informations (like a strong notebook that contains our genetic code and informations about the Earth).

2.05 Final Scene: Base completed

1.06 They go to the escape module and launch that going to the service module that is waiting for them in the orbit.

1.07 They connect (Crew and Service Module), now the module has enough fuel to come back to earth.

1.08 The space ship (Contains the crew and Service module) go to the Earth and lands on the pacific sea (or in Texas/Arizona, yes it can and would be easier).

1.09 Final Scene: Close to the flag and box (strong notebook).

What would you choose, independent of the deadline (I would do it even if there is no contest)?

Thanks in Advance
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Please guys, I need to continue the dev and I need to know what to do, actually I'm now working in things that will not change independent of the choice, but soon I'll need to do things that just work for one of that story board, so what you would like to see?
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Need some sort of minor mishap that turns out later to affect the mission in a critical manner.

Liking a leaking widget, stripped bolt or damaged whatchamacallit.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I have great news! I found a lot of images and informations that will help me a lot with the dev, I think that I will go through the hardest way the 01. Seems more realistic and will make the animation last longer. James I would do it (I even know in which part) but I think that will have no time to do or plan.

Thanks