The Sims 2 meshes look high poly, so The Sims 3 has more?

A place where have some extra fun..
tamtam
Petty Officer First Class

The Sims 2 meshes look high poly, so The Sims 3 has more?

Post by tamtam »

I was on the MilkShape3D website, and found they have an older Sims 2 tutorial that teaches how to add a custom shoe mesh to the official Sims 2 body meshes. Those sure look high-poly to be in a PC game. It makes me wonder:
1. how many polygons are in the head and body combined in The Sims 2 human meshes (with and without the clothing, hair, accessories, etc.)?

I would think even the PC version would be over 3,000 polygons (triangles) with the body and head alone. The Sims 2 ran fast on my computer, and now that I have the Sims 3, that runs fast too.

2. Does anyone know the maximum number of triangles a Sims 3 body and head mesh could have with clothing, accessories, hair, etc., and without all that stuff (without the clothing, accessories, hair, etc., just the head with the eyes and everything it needs, and the body).

Thank you!

- By the way, if anyone knows how many triangles are in Sims 2 and Sims 3 meshes, I will probably know the answer I need to know in order to create a human, if I could make a good one, for my PC games I want to make.

Almost everyone here probably has a great, high speed computer with a nice graphics card. My dad recently upgraded my computer with more memory (originally 1 Terrabyte, now something like 762 Gigabytes on the new memory card), a sweet graphics card (not sure though what brand or kind), a sound card, and everything I will probably need for now using my favorite graphics software.

Take a look at the screenshot I took of the website where I found the MilkShape3D Sims 2 shoe tutorial. The picture of the Sims 2 mesh for the body alone looks very dense for a PC game human, I had no idea they were so high-poly. Yet that game ran fast on my PC, even when there were close to 10 Sims on the screen at the same time!

Thanks for your help and time.
Attachments
This is a screenshot from a MilkShape3D tutorial site, and The Sims 2 mesh looks dense there.
This is a screenshot from a MilkShape3D tutorial site, and The Sims 2 mesh looks dense there.