YafaraytS in Scene

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: YafaraytS in Scene

Post by Karthogen »

What setting you looking for I will gladly post any that I have. Which one of the models?
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Can I post the scene here to anyone that want download... Will be more easy to help with my scene in your hands, right? It's organized so I think will be easier to help. I don't want the result, but the process this is a learning, Don't give the fish, teach how to fish! ;)
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Karthogen

Post by Karthogen »

I do not have access to TS while at work, But I can remember a lot of the settings/setup that could still guide you through some of your scene. just have to be specific in what you are looking for.

On thing I noticed was that glass that looked like a Mirror. That could be in your IOR setting and also your Ray depth, if the Ray depth is not large enough to base through the glass it becomes a different material all together,
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Good Karthogen, I'll ask some things... Can you help me better after work?

I want that you explain to me the yafaray system, what does the changes like, specular, diffuse, reflectance, etc.. it exist in YR?

YR have more materials? I have the shiny, coated glossy, glossy, light and glass...

Karthogen could you pass to me the configurations of the tint used in the SMC 49?

Any tip to improve the quality of YR?

I'm posting three images, one it's the YR Setup, other the Shiny material screen and the Glossy... Explain most that you can (most important things) of the images...
Attachments
glossystp.jpg
shinystp.jpg
yafsetup.jpg
Karthogen

Post by Karthogen »

I am still a little confused by what you mean by Tint?

Here is the best resource I have found for explaining all of that.
This is the TS resource for an explanation of the feilds on the menu.
http://www.yafaray4ts.org/help/materials_help.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This gives a lot more detail and some pictures to go with it, but the settings are for Blender.
http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/us ... atsettings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A combination of those two pages should give you a wealth of knowledge on the material settings and what each one does.

The best thing to do, is to setup a small scene, Sphere, cube, and maybe a wall. then just start adding the default materials to each on to see what you get.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

hmmm.. Thanks for the info Kart (can I call you Kart?), I think that I'll need to learn first and it will takes time, so for this SMC I'll not use Yafaray :(

Thanks Karthogen you have been a lot useful and solidarity these days :worship:
Tint: Dye, something that paint colors.
Sorry, my english it's bad :?

Many Thanks

Edit: Seems that Yafaray don't have a bump map like lightworks (that you choose scale, amplitude, etc) anyway it's a wonderful tool I'll try learning it next weeks...