3Delight NSI for Workspace

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

3Delight NSI for Workspace

Post by clintonman »

Short video showing a proof of concept test for rendering from truespace workspace to the 3delight nsi renderer in interactive mode. The nsi renderer can't be used directly because it is 64 bit and truespace is 32 bit. truespace communicates to a 64bit python script that performs the render via tcp sockets. Uses the shaders created for maya, which was tricky to make work. Was lucky I was able to reverse engineer the compiled maya shaders. Since it uses maya shaders there's no need to create truespace shaders from scratch, just need to make tS materials to pass shader values to the maya shaders.

Last year when nsi came out I checked to see if it was possible to update dribble from modelspace to use it. It's possible but would take a huge amount of work to translate it to the new format, so that's not going to happen.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
bitkar
Captain

Re: 3Delight NSI for Workspace

Post by bitkar »

you are a wizzard... its incredible what you can do with such an old sw like tS.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
clintonman
Captain

Re: 3Delight NSI for Workspace

Post by clintonman »

DelightGlassProceduralTextures.jpg
Added a glass material and very basic procedural texture support. Image shows the marble texture with thumbnails showing some others. Basic support means for example that the word "wood" will make a wood texture. There are no other controls to set values for the procedural textures. Default values are used for all of them.

My immediate goal is to get this to a state where I can come back to it later and not have to re-figure out anything from scratch.

I did find one limitation of the renderer in that it does not support caustics.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com