YafaRay for trueSpace 2019

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: YafaRay for trueSpace 2019

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 00:57
trueBlue wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 22:07 ...
Why can't the Render Animation button script and the Render animation toolbar LMB command work the same way?
How are they different and how do you want it to be and why?

virgin ts animation button
OfflineRender.OpenView('',0,0);OfflineRender.RenderAnimation('')
OfflineRender.OpenPreferencesPanel()

unofficial update animation button
OfflineRender.OpenView('',0,0);Activity.Run('/Scripts/Commands/RenderAnimation');

yafaray toolbar animation button
OfflineRender.OpenView('',0,0);
if (Node.Exists('/Scripts/Commands/RenderAnimation')){Activity.Run('/Scripts/Commands/RenderAnimation');}
if (!Node.Exists('/Scripts/Commands/RenderAnimation')){OfflineRender.RenderAnimation('')}
tempsnip.png
The above using the Render animation toolbar
Next render the same scene with the Render Animation button.
This is all related to using Disable all Viewers and all viewers being unchecked.
Also using Disable all Viewers gets turned off after a render.
Do not know why the Scene Utilities/Yafaray4ts Panel button is giving you and I different results, but I can duplicate over and over again with the steps I provided.
viewers are still checked, disable all viewers is unchecked which is expected because of some problem with reading/writing
Bingo!
Could this be the reason?
From the incorporated Scene Utilities/YafaRay4tS Panel button script.

Code: Select all

if(connector[3] & CONFLG_IN && !(connector[3] & CONFLG_HIDDEN)) {
			if(Node.ConExists(Destination, connector[0])) {
				if(connector[0] == "Yaf_Path" || connector[0] == "useRenderToFile") {
					continue;
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

Cancel Render button and esc key have the same behavior with error message added to the errors object.
Attachments
YafaRay4tS12.RsObj
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Sorry Clinton, but the problems with the YafaRayBar render scripts in the YafarayScripts are a show stopper!
I was able to get the Render Animation icon working by adding Activity.Run(Space.CurrentScene() + "YafaRay4tS/RenderAnim2"); in the YafarayScripts/AnimationRender script, but I was not able to overcome the TGA errors.
There seems to be alot going on with the Render to File, Output Render File image formats, and your beloved TGA Viewer!
Do not know how complicated this could be to incorporate into all of your scripts, but maybe you could read the Output Render File's image format, and if it is tga, spawn the TGA Viewer. If it is not tga, use the internal viewers?
Here are my notes:

YafaRayBar
Render Animation script
If Disable All Viewers (useRenderToFile) is checked and the Output Render Render File image format is anything other then the TGA format you get an error.
If you change it to the TGA format and LMB select Render animation, nothing is rendered.
Same for all other image formats, nothing is rendered.
The only thing this script does is open the YafaRay4tS Anim aspect

Render Scene script
If Disable All Viewers is checked and the Output Render Render File image format is anything other then the TGA format you get an error.
If you change it to the TGA format and LMB select Render animation, nothing is rendered.

Render Object script
If Disable All Viewers is checked and the Output Render Render File image format is anything other then the TGA format you get an error.

Render Area script
If Disable All Viewers is checked and the Output Render Render File image format is anything other then the TGA format, you get a Alert with no message.
TGA format does render.
Note: Add RMB select in 3D Space to deactivate in help file

All of the above Render scripts (sometimes) give an alert with no titlbar text with a message Error loading file, file 'path' must have an extention of 'tga' See post Re: YafaRay for trueSpace 2019 Post by trueBlue » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:07 pm

YafaRay4tS panel
Setup
Disable All Viewers does not stay active.

YafaRay4tS Scene Utlities

YafaRay4tS Panel script and Process Imported Scene script
Add
UserInterface.OpenToolPanelViewEx2("", "", Space.CurrentScene() + "/YafaRay4tS", 3, 1, 0);

If Disable All Viewers is checked, all viewers get unchecked

YafaRay Lights script
Spot/Angle changes to 2.00

YafaRay Materials
D3D Preview button(s) in an Activated state are not honored. Workaround - Deactivate/Activate
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 20:07 ... TGA errors.
...beloved TGA Viewer!
... if it is tga, spawn the TGA Viewer. If it is not tga, use the internal viewers?
other then the TGA format you get an error.
... the TGA format ...
... the TGA format you get an error.
... TGA format ...
... TGA format and LMB ...

... the TGA format, you get a Alert with no message.
TGA format does render.
... must have an extention of 'tga'...

Hope you see the pattern there. I give you 2 choices 1) keep it the way it is or 2) we remove the tga viewer.
I've mentioned before that the tga viewer is a pain. The amount of work needed to make it run smoothly with all other changes is not worth the effort.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 20:48
trueBlue wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 20:07 ... TGA errors.
...beloved TGA Viewer!
... if it is tga, spawn the TGA Viewer. If it is not tga, use the internal viewers?
other then the TGA format you get an error.
... the TGA format ...
... the TGA format you get an error.
... TGA format ...
... TGA format and LMB ...

... the TGA format, you get a Alert with no message.
TGA format does render.
... must have an extention of 'tga'...

Hope you see the pattern there. I give you 2 choices 1) keep it the way it is or 2) we remove the tga viewer.
I've mentioned before that the tga viewer is a pain. The amount of work needed to make it run smoothly with all other changes is not worth the effort.
I do, been looking at your scripts. I vote to get rid of it. As said the way it is now is a show stopper! There is online converters to convert to a tga.

I am also on the fence with your newest addition (I have not tried it) with the Cancel Render. I know I said I liked it. It was more about them being different. But the truth is (my personal opinion) I do not like Alerts that you have to click to dismiss. The only problem with the status message was it was dismissed to fast. If you could make it like the Status Message.RsObj in the Update(s) where you could set the amount of time before it is removed, that would be awesome!
Including this one:
System.Alert("WARNING! Switching layouts will crash trueSpace if you do not Exit trueSpace first.") :mrgreen:
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 21:50 ...
I do, been looking at your scripts. I vote to get rid of it. As said the way it is now is a show stopper! There is online converters to convert to a tga.

I am also on the fence with your newest addition (I have not tried it) with the Cancel Render. I know I said I liked it. It was more about them being different. But the truth is (my personal opinion) I do not like Alerts that you have to click to dismiss. The only problem with the status message was it was dismissed to fast. If you could make it like the Status Message.RsObj in the Update(s) where you could set the amount of time before it is removed, that would be awesome!
Including this one:
System.Alert("WARNING! Switching layouts will crash trueSpace if you do not Exit trueSpace first.") :mrgreen:
Ok then, away with it. And there's no need for a tga converter, you can render and display tga without it.
Clinton Reese

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

Must admit I have not been following this thread much as I would like, but instead just quickly glancing over it. I have tried some of the Yafaray updates but one problem I find is that they
can not render my older files created under previous versions such as 7.6 n 8 etc, so I deleted the newer versions such as 9 and later because of material incompatibilities. I see there is
a script "D3D Material Converter" to convert d3d materials to YafaRay but is there a script to convert older YafaRay materials to the current versions of Yafaray materials?

So for compatibility reasons, I prefer versions 7.6 and 8 even though I may be missing some or a lot of newer features.
I also like the Material interface of these versions better. ;)
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 23:39
trueBlue wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 21:50 ...

Including this one:
Ok then, away with it. And there's no need for a tga converter, you can render and display tga without it.
Can hear that?! :bananatyping:
Several thousands lines of code being reworked and removed from several different nodes!
Huge undertaking.
Hope it goes smoothly. :bananathumb:
No doubt, this update is going to make it much easier to use! :bananaclaus:
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

First draft of "no tgaviwer version"

The TGA_Viewer is the default external viewer and not a special stand alone viewer.
The render viewer toggle buttons have been replaced by push buttons.
Disable All Views changed from checkbox to a push button.
"Custom Viewer" changed to "External Viewer" to show that it is the opposite of the "Internal Viewer".
Invalid viewer options will be adjusted at render time to the most sensible values. The visible values do not change. An altered copy of the options is used at render time. If the External Viewer is not valid then an error message.
TODO: add question dialogs for some of the adjustments

Scene Utilities "update yafaray node" updated for the new "no tga"/"disable all views" logic.

There was a lot of changes so there may be some bad behavior here and there or we may be lucky and it works almost perfectly. :P
Attachments
YafarayScripts107.RsObj
(52.87 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
YafaRay4tS123.RsObj
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 141 times
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Awesome update Clinton!!!
You did great!
Tested using all of the viewer options using the Render buttons and icons, except for Animation.
Including launching Gimp in the External Viewer's path
All is working without errors, except for handled TGA error, which is expected.
The only thing I notice is when NOT using the Viewer buttons, but using the check boxes, the viewers do not spawn in some cases. Never the less everything still renders without errors!
As an example, uncheck all of the viewer options except the OptDetector Viewer.
Help file does mention that the Internal Viewer must be checked when using the OptDetector Viewer, so all is good!
Thought about suggesting that the check boxes be removed, but then there would not be any indication which viewer is enabled.
Actually, changing the check boxes Type to On/Off buttons works better IMHO.
Capture.PNG
Next test animation...