New Dribbler

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
SiW
Petty Officer Third Class

Re: New Dribbler

Post by SiW »

Hey Nige, sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, I would have been able to tell you it was displacement right away.

Like benji said, the trouble with dribble is that I had to walk a fine line between adding "cool stuff" and making sure that said cool stuff was accessible without having to use a bunch of custom shaders and stuff, forcing you to retexture everything. Of course, anyone with multiple-renderer experience would tell you that you should tune your scenes for the intended renderer anyway ;)

It's perfectly possible to write one "uber shader" that does everything, you just end up with a massive number of parameters to manage. That's the way I went with virtuaout for example, and many people couldn't get their head around that.
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: New Dribbler

Post by nigec »

Thanks Simon,
With every renderer I use I have to retexture, but I guess it was such a massive difference between Lightworks being ok and things looking blown up its not the first thing you consider, luckily with me using extenal renders the car was textured in such away it was easily re do
worth mentioning Dribble is a lump faster in TS 7.61 8-)