Yafaray4tS v0.9.0

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Yafaray4tS v0.9.0

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 21:20
trueBlue wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 18:48 Testing in unpatched Rosetta

Monday, August 20, 2018 RC-29v4

ToDo
Add - Yaf_CamPath = "Camera" to ExportXML - OnDefaultValue
Add - "Camera" in the Yaf_CamPath to the YafaRay4tS.RsObj in the YafaRay4tS_Installer.RsObj
Add - Node.Value(Space.CurrentScene() + "/YafaRay4tS", "Yaf_CamChoice") = "0" (Line 190) in CameraFnSet
Note: (Line 76) does not work but the above does.

1.) This is not working:
"Use Custom temporary directory - Directory for storing generated XML file and temporary YafaRay output image. Default working directory is the same as the output image directory. Use this option if you want to use a different directory from the final image output directory."

2.) Is this working as expected?
"Use Custom XML export file - Use a custom filename and directory for the generated XML file. This is useful when generating multiple XML files for batch rendering or for rendering a previously generated XML file."

3.) Rendering an animation with empty string in the YafaRay Installation Path throws an error.
Render Animation test with an empty YafaRay Installation Path .PNG

4.) Output Render File with unsupported image format. Creates Yaf_render.cmd, yaf_temp.xml, and a file with zero bytes.yaf_test bmp zero bytes.PNG
4.) fixed
3.) fixed
2.) looks ok to me
1.) looks like it's working to me

camera default set to "Camera"

CameraFnSet behaving as it should - please define the behavior you want to change or describe how it should work
1.) It's not rendering an image for me as shown. There should be a rendered image of the orange cube.
Render to C temp.PNG
The Open Output Folder button works and opens the C:/Temp folder.
The Yaf_render.cmd is being created but no Yaf_Temp.xml or rendered image.
What is being rendered is going to C:\trueSpace761Std\Image Folder\yaf_test.png
Maybe I do not understand it's purpose. Shouldn't there be a rendered image?

2.) Maybe I do not understand it's purpose. When you select the Render XML button I do not see a previously generated XML file render from that directory as mentioned in Jack's Setup help.
"Use Custom XML export file - Use a custom filename and directory for the generated XML file. This is useful when generating multiple XML files for batch rendering or for rendering a previously generated XML file."

3.) Yay! Solved the error but the cmd and xml files are still being created.

4.) Yay! Solved but the xml file is still being created.

Camera View is being switched to View when there is no Camera in the scene. Alert "No camera selected, using 3d view instead" <- This is misleading.
But not when the Yaf_CamPath is empty or the Yaf_CamPath has a different Camera that does not exist in the scene.
Also if you have something selected other then a Camera and a (YafaRay Camera) you'll get an alert "Selected camera is not valid, using scene camera instead. <--- This is misleading in the above scenario.
Misleading message.PNG
What is odd here, is, this area of the script is for a none selected camera. As you can see, the selected object is a Camera.

CameraFnSet

Code: Select all

for(var i=0;i<numChildren;i++) {
		var childNode = curNode + "/" + Node.SubObject(curNode, i);
		camera = FindSceneCamera(childNode);
		if( camera != "")
Line 187  Node.Value(Space.CurrentScene() + "/YafaRay4tS", "Yaf_CamChoice") = "0" <- Add  Switch to View
			return camera;
	}
Steps
With the Camera selected as View
1.) Select an object (not camera), Render, and read message. Camera does not switch to View
2.) Select a YafaRay Camera, Render, and read message. Camera does not switch to View
3.) With nothing selected and no camera in the scene, Render, and read message. Camera switches to View
3.) With nothing selected, no camera in the scene, and empty Yaf_CamPath, Render, and read message. Camera switches to View
Add the code above to CameraFnSet and repeat steps.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

"Use Custom temporary directory - Directory for storing generated XML file and temporary YafaRay output image.

I think the temporary image is no more, so you only get the final image in the image path and the xml file in the xml path.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

2.) Maybe I do not understand it's purpose. When you select the Render XML button I do not see a previously generated XML file render from that directory as mentioned in Jack's Setup help.

I think it only works if you don't use the "delete xml after render" option or you press the export xml button then press the render xml button.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

The renderer does not look at the camera selected in the scene, it only looks at the camera set in the YafaRay4tS node. Are you saying it should look at the selected camera during render?

I ask again how do you expect this to work aka what would you write in the manual? Sounds like you are asking for behavior that was never there to begin with, that's why I need to know how you expect it to work. Assume it's working perfectly and tell my how it should be changed or better yet just write instructions for how it should work - completely ignoring that it even exists.

"Selected camera is not valid, using scene camera instead. <--- This is misleading in the above scenario. " Are you saying the message should be reworded or that it should have a completely different behavior?
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I was referring to the messages being misleading with regards about selection.
Here is what I am suggesting.
Still do not understand why the CamaraFnSet does not recognize a YafaRay Camera as a Camera though.
Still need to add a correct message and additional script with regards to an empty Yaf_CamPath string.
Also found and fixed another issue when no 3D View is present. The Status Line message was stuck on Rendering...
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Here is a scene with the new CameraFnSet, Cam Name, YafaRay Camera renamed to Camera, empty Yaf_CamPath.
It does not use the included Camera for the Camera View
As I understand you are scanning the scene for a Camera to use
It does not work in this scene.
BTW none of the scripting was changed, just the messages
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 00:05 2.) Maybe I do not understand it's purpose. When you select the Render XML button I do not see a previously generated XML file render from that directory as mentioned in Jack's Setup help.

I think it only works if you don't use the "delete xml after render" option or you press the export xml button then press the render xml button.
Yes that is the only way it works. But it is not rendering to C:\Temp even though there is cmd file generated to C:\Temp.
That cmd file is rendering to the Output - Render File path. I went back to RC 15 to see if it was any different and it is the same.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 01:47 Here is a scene with the new CameraFnSet, Cam Name, YafaRay Camera renamed to Camera, empty Yaf_CamPath.
It does not use the included Camera for the Camera View
As I understand you are scanning the scene for a Camera to use
It does not work in this scene.
BTW none of the scripting was changed, just the messages
The CameraFnSet was altered and is the reason for the failure of the "scanning the scene for a Camera to use".
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

YafaRay4tS Gold
final version unless some major error or oversight occurs.
Attachments
YafaRay4tSv090-Gold.zip
(14.74 MiB) Downloaded 279 times
Clinton Reese

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

Downloaded and installed per your directions and did not encounter any problems. :)