Bought STRATA DESIGN 3D CX 7.6

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Bought STRATA DESIGN 3D CX 7.6

Post by the_ant »

Hi all

Last night bought "Strata 3d CX 7.6 PC" due to 35% extra discount upgrade from free SE version downloaded months ago (after all payd only 129$=108Eur).
Your opinions (about interface and render quality) are welcome 'couse was a "blind purchase" (never use the free SE ver. but extra discount ended last night...i purchase at 22.00). :bananatyping:
Draise
Captain

Re: Bought STRATA DESIGN 3D CX 7.6

Post by Draise »

I have no idea what that is. First time I've heard of it! For design it looks great.

EDIT: Quick read of their feature list.. animation seems limited. No advanced rigging. modeling seems like standard. UI, haven't searched much on it - but the gallery looks pretty neat. The pro version of it looks good with the idea that you can model directly in VR. So.. if you have a VR head piece, I'd probably use it. I do not see much sculpting in it nor many good tools for organic modeling though. Might be good for industrial design or architecture.
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer

Post by the_ant »

Glad to hear this from you :bananadrum: ...i purchased it for architecture renderings (external-internal) must do next weeks...anyway before trying it i will give a last chance to vRay in tSp7.6 Cellulo ver2.1 (following vRay video lessons on room renders the final result appears very strange with many camouflage-effect lights i don't know how remove) :(
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

I will post some room vray renders later but a little advise from my xperiences:
use area lights behind windows as main light sources, dont be affraid to crank it up (intensity of more than 2, more than the slider, it can be 4 for instance). Set the area light resolution to low (i think) or let the min. to lowest and max. to highest. It will produce less artifacts. Maybe its oposite, not sure now as i dont have tS right with me now.

The artifacts will be visible if you use the wrong resolution and also if you crank up the GI background lighting - you cannot produce enough samples in reasonable processing time to have it smooth. Trust me, i tried :)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer

Post by the_ant »

Thanks so much Bitkar...i will give a try your hints as soon as possible... :bananahi: :bananacheers: